1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is Rockets MVP so far?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by stra, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Blaster

Blaster Member

Disagree, T-Mac's recent involvement with the team is not good especially against Laker and Boston, while when he is out, Yao could still score big points even opponent double teams him

For MVP, I would go with Battier, his fighting spirit is the root of Rocket success

2. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

But the team would still lose half their games. McGrady brings much more to the table than scoring. With McGrady they are still an elite team in the league.

Two "bad" games (the game tonight IMO wasn't that bad, he just didn't take many shots - chose to differ) and all of a sudden his impact on the floor is lessened?

I think this team is built to favor McGrady moreso than Yao - a team like Phoenix would benefit from a Yao IMO. Someone with alot of consistent shooters.

Before people start saying "oh wait look at Phoenix with Shaq". Shaq is nowhere near the player Yao is today.

3. sab504

sab504 Member

CP3 without a doubt in my mind. This guy is the FUTURE.

4. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

CP3 plays for the Rockets? :rolleyes:

5. Blaster

Blaster Member

The team winning streak is not because of T-Mac, he is the T-Mac last year, maybe not even as good as last year. It is the team who stands up, always some players stand up in different nights.

So really not a T-Mac effort.

I also disagree with your point the team is better with T-Mac rather than Yao Ming.

If we need shooter, we have shooters in the team, if we need penetration, we could trade T-Mac and got a lot of players like that.

If we need inside domination, how many players in the league could replace Yao.

Today is the typical example.

Celtics is very clear to attack in the paint area and defense on our outside shooting, with Yao it would be different strategy.

6. SugarLandDream8

Yao is the MVP handsdown so far. He kept this team from falling off the cliff when they were below .500 and Tmac went out for a month.

Rafer and Tmac are tied for 2nd place.

7. colin2008

colin2008 Member

we had won 12 straight games with Yao.
    why DON'T mention it! :confused:

8. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

But I belive winning 12 games in a row with Yao is something normal, isn't it? And wen you play without hm and win your next 10 games it is really big.