1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is Rockets MVP so far?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by stra, Mar 18, 2008.

1. startover

startover Member

For now I think it should be T-Mac if I have to choose one, but many players deserve to be nominated, too. This team is successful because this is a TEAM (Adelman's team?). If you replace T-mac with Lebron or some other superstars (It is not like I want to do that) you should still have a similarly successful team.

From my observation, I think T-mac is raising his games to another level. It is either because he is getting older and maturer or he has more confidence in this team and the coach, or both.

Now I am a little concerned that he may be overconfident sometimes but so happy to see he is becoming a true leader of a team for winning.

Barring major injuries of Tmac and Yao, I dare to say this Rockets will be the strongest contender for championship in the following 4-5 seasons. Replacing JVG with Adelman and signing Scola were two of the most important moves to make this team a true contender.

BTW, most Chinese Rockets fans are disappointed that Yao could not play, but they are happier than ever for this team's success just like most fans here. After all, it is hard to not love a team playing beautiful team basketball especially you have already followed this team for almost six years.

2. yaoayao

yaoayao Member

i acknowledge the MVP seclection is unfair for T-MAC ,because in today's NBA,there is more excellent perimeter players than inside players ,i.e. T-MAC should face more chanllenge and competition .he need contribute more than Yao to show himself .but it is the reality of today's NBA .

3. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Lets recap tmac's involvment throughout the season:

When they played well at the beginning of the season, everyone was moving the ball and tmac was rolling, he was pretty hot and then he cooled off.

Everyone stagnated on offense and force fed Yao the ball, we lost alot. Tmac got injured and the team was forced to play team ball, they moved it around alot more but they were not that great, i think the record was 7-4.

When tmac came back he intentionally passed more often to stop to force his teamates to move the ball and not watch on offense. He slowly worked his scoring into the offense and it worked. They have been doing the same things pretty much ever since.

The problem was that the other players were just standing around on offense when he got the ball, making it impossible to find them open. He isn't doing anything different from what he was before, his teamates are just moving more for him to find them.

Yes, i watch every game, i have been a rockets fan since birth and have probably spent more hours watching basketball then what is healthy.

4. alibaba3876

alibaba3876 Member

o , my apology

i always think mvp = most important man in a team ,sorry for wasting your time

5. yaoayao

yaoayao Member

you didnt forrow the rockets from cover to cover .
    at the beginning of the season , althogh rockets won ,there existed many questions in O because coach A was testing . yao expressed his worry, then,
    they didnt force to feed Yao the ball ! yao was always in high position !afterwards , T-MAC was injured again and again , yao carried the team ,and rockets return to orbit . T-MAC was back , at the beginning ,T-MAC stag the rockets' O ,we were worried about him how to involve him into the team ,subsequently the situation looked up,rockets win in a row ,then ,yao was out ,this is the story of rockets this season .

6. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

yao carries the rockets to like a 7-4 record

tmac stagnates the offense and we get like a 30-4

But, if you like i'll say what you want to hear. The rockets loose and its tmac, coaching, and other players' faults. The rockets win its only because of yao. If yao is injured it has nothing to do with tmac because people might start to think that he is as good as yao. Somehow this talented team of d-league players and low draft picks have become the hottest team in nba without any great players. Tmac is just a small piece, he isn't even as good as rafer.

7. yaoayao

yaoayao Member

ok ,stop !
    T-MAC is the mvp of rockets and league .
    are you satisfied ? in fact ,yao doesnt care it all times .

8. duteman

duteman Member

yes no MVP of the team here...its all about team ball and thats what has happened here...Tmac went out Yao played well but team ball won the games so from that point where Tmac was out the team started to build their identity

9. cyjtsj

cyjtsj Member

no MVP
    who is the mvp of Piston?

10. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Don't know about the team's MVP..

But Rick Adelman should be the coach of the year..really.

11. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Like when he drops in that little baby hook down the lane? Or when he turns, fades, and fires? Or when he snatches up a rebound shoves it down the opponents throat?

I love those kinds of presents. :p

12. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

MVP - that's easy: Rick Adelman!

No Yao, no Franchise, no Bonzi, no Mike James....

No problem ;)

D R

13. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Here's my take:

MVP: Tracy McGrady
    MIP: Rafer Alston
    DPOTY: Shane Battier
    6th Man of the Game: Bobby Jackson
    COY: Rick Adelman

14. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Sorry if anyone had to witness that. Fans of one player who try to call themselves fans of the Rockets disgust me. It is okay to be a fan of one player and not the team. I used to feel the same way about Ron Artest but I didn't post on Pacer blogs.

I think most people would prefer that the posts were more clear too. It might have been a program that the yaoyao guy was using but it was hard too understand.

15. teemacatac

teemacatac Member

just run poll, you will see the results.
    Your question should be who is the MVP besides T-mac, without T-mac this team is not going anywhere, not to mention the streak.

but, the reason why we are so amazing right now is we are playing as a team a unit every one makes his contribution to the game on both ends of the floor. so if you really want to give the mvp trophy, give to the rockets team.
    but if you ask who is the most important player in this team. That's T-Mac, without doubt.

16. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Luis Scola and Yao. Since Yao's out it's Scola for me. The man pretty much been a work horse. His help with scoring even before the Yao's injury pretty much help this team offensively. The guy is almost like Ginobili.

17. Trisha

Trisha Member

before t-mac's back,we lost to NOK and was blowed by PHI.yao said it's the darknesss day for him.since t-mac was back,we're 26-1.

18. Trisha

Trisha Member

darknesss----darkest

19. Dr. X

Dr. X Member

Worst ever!

20. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Yao is romantic! :)