1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is Rockets MVP so far?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by stra, Mar 18, 2008.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. T-Mac is the centerpoint of this our offense, Alston is playing phenomenal, Battier's defense stymies opponents and Scola's hustle keeps our rallies going but if the Rox are about team and are winning because they are unselfish, trust each other and willing to defer to each other to get the job done.

2. alibaba3876

alibaba3876 Member

to those who vote Tracy:

if he is mvp ,prove it ,to win the next game vs Boston

most fans of Yao in China around me believe that the 22-0 will over tomorrow

btw:sorry for my english again ,i hope you can get it

3. RocketsMVP

RocketsMVP Contributing Member

<--- Actually I think I am.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

:rolleyes: , we're asking true rocket fans here.

5. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

There are only 3 players who have a huge effect on the game every game they play. Yao, Tmac, Battier (surprising, they happen to be our best players). Battier does it with defense every game but most games he only contributes like the rest of the role players on offense.

Neither Tmac nor Yao are lock down defenders but they play (Yao getting the edge). They both garner doubles and kick out to open teammates. Yao is wildly turnover prone for a big and if swarmed can make bad decisions (probably because they force feed him to often). Tmac is our pg. He controls the offense no matter who's in the game (including yao) and usually gets us into our offense.

I would say that Yao might be the better player but he needs Tmac more than Tmac needs him to be successful. Rafer, Deke, Scola and others aren't even in the discussion because they are rendered ineffective on many occassions. Tmac and Yao can effect the game if they just stood still on the court.

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I dont remember Morey,Adelman or Alexander making 1 jumper,pass, or ft. I do agree the coaching has been good, but coaches need players. Phil has had kobe the last 2 yrs without Shaq and hasnt been better than a 7th seed. this yr the team was plying well with bynum coming along, what did it have to do with jackson or kupchak.

7. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Yao is the Heart (the foundation), Tmac is the Brain (orchestrates everything) , Battier is the legs (all the work), Rafer's the mouth (calls plays), and Landry's the....you know(he stuffs it in)

8. drich

drich Member

it is tmac without question. rafer, battier, and anyone else on this team shots are made easier because of the attention that t mac demands. This is just like saying wes welker, stallworth, or gaffney was the better reciever on the patriots. they had the year they had because of the attention moss demanded

9. longbow111

longbow111 Member

prove it? How? If Rockets defeat Boston but Tmac plays like the Lakers game, it proves he's mvp or not?

Most fans of Yao in China is NOT around you, my friend, China is a big big country, and most fans of Yao around China do believe we have very good chance to beat the Celtics.

10. alibaba3876

alibaba3876 Member

when kobe and shaq were together at LA Lakers ,they didn't get any champion until phil was the coach ,maybe in the next 2 years ,shaq or kobe is mvp ,but in the first champion year ,phil is the most important for LA Lakers ,he taught them how to win as adelman do now in Rockets

11. alibaba3876

alibaba3876 Member

:rolleyes: i dont know how to explain it to u with my poor english

for most chinese, Yao = Rockets ,if someday ,Yao is not in Huston ,LA for example , then we will be fans of Lakers

so now ,we 're Rockets' fan ,

of course ,not true fan in your mean

12. MYM[Moon

MYM[Moon Member

Do you know basketball? :confused:

When jump shots didn't fall, then a reign center's value will emerge!

13. yaoayao

yaoayao Member

What you said about yaoless record vs tmacless is right .but it isnt enough to make your conclusion . it makes chear that last season rockets' inside lineup was deeper than perimeter lineup ,and speaking literally,this season ,rockets' inside lineup is deeper than last season .you shouldnt assume the issue as a matter of course .

14. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I think the rockets are one of those teams where their two superstars are both really good, maybe not great though. They are similar to the Kobe/Shaq and Magic/Kareem teams. I think Yao may be marginally better than tmac but a better question is what is your criterea.

For people like alibaba who think Yao is the greatest, what would make tmac better in your opinion?

For those who think tmac is better, what would make Yao better?

I would also like to say that anyone who says that they wouldn't be a rockets fan if one player left is not a rockets fan.

15. MYM[Moon

MYM[Moon Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm a chinese, but when i have seen spurs vs celtic today, i have confidence of our team in technically!

And obviously wish our team win every game in mentally!

16. yaoayao

yaoayao Member

Yao needs Tmac more than Tmac needs him to be successful ! right !
    if it isnt right ,there must be sth.wrong with T-MAC and rockets .
    Yao play C ,he need others' passing ball , it is descided by yao 's position in
    bball team . which C in bball teams take charge of assist and pass ? if you base your conclusion on your criterion . ok ,any C cant be team's MVP ,prior to your seclection , please write off your C name beforehand please .

17. marciagong

marciagong Member

I say Tmac is better. Tmac is arguably as good as Kobe/Lebron when healthy, and he's getting there lately. When the game is on the line, I trust him to handle the ball other than anybody else on the team. He also plays a lot a PG duties and creats for his teammates, take out him, we are just an average team. So I have to agree with tmac_1, tmac is the least one we can afford to lose.

18. alibaba3876

alibaba3876 Member

yeah ,u are right ,

i mean prove it is that through a hard game to prove it ,tmac should perform a fantastic 40 or 48 mins in the game when the opponent team is spurs ,celtics ,if he still perform as to Lakers ,i dont think he is mvp.

and i have to repeat my point again ,the mvp of this year is adelman or manager

tmac or yao ??yeah ,they are good ,but not mvp in this season

i understand ur love for/to Rockets ,as a fales fan , i think the next game will lose for Yao is absent . KG is a great PF or center when Rockets' dont have

a good chance to win ?? no ,i dont agree

19. startover

startover Member

You forgot Luis, Chuck and Deke ...

20. marciagong

marciagong Member

Correct me if I'm wrong. Wasn't Yao outplayed by KG in the 4th last time we faced the Celtics?