1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is our biggest rival next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spacemoth, Aug 8, 2013.

?

Which team will you consider our biggest rival next year?

1. San Antonio Spurs - Should be some incredible games next year.

22 vote(s)
    9.0%
  2. OKC - Harden finally gets an even fight in his quest for revenge. Plus PatBev deaththreats.

121 vote(s)
    49.4%
  3. LOLakers - Just to shove Lakerfans' tongues down their throats.

44 vote(s)
    18.0%
  4. Utah Jazz - Each year they are in the lottery, Utah fans call it rebuilding. I call it justice.

8 vote(s)
    3.3%
  5. Miami Heat - To be the best, you gotta beat the best.

17 vote(s)
    6.9%
  6. NY Knicks - Jeremy Lin's revenge tour will never end. Plus their whole team are punks right now.

2 vote(s)
    0.8%
  7. Portland Trailblazers - The LaMarcus Aldridge sweepstakes! Every little bit helps.

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  8. Dallas Mavericks - Mark Cuban. Uncle Nate Fitch. Just Say No to everything Dallas stands for.

3 vote(s)
    1.2%
  9. Other - Maybe you really hate the Denver announcers. Explain yourself!

27 vote(s)
    11.0%
  1. Pete the Cheat

ESPN. Prepare to be vilified

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

We won't have any rivals because everyone will be too easy.

3. blade andrews

blade andrews Member

1. GSW
    2. OKC
    3. Lakers

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

GOlden State

5. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

Scott Hastings does cry about the refs more than anyone else I have ever seen & he dramatically overrates himself as a player when talking about his career. The only thing he was really used for/decent at was to inbound the ball late in close games. He also made Jon Koncack look like an MVP candidate.

6. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

GSW

Lakers are a rival just because of the howard thing. But their team isnt on par with us to really be a rival

7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

gotta be the Fakers....
    then OKC.....
    then a myriad of more minor rivalries...

8. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

OKC. We have to show everyone that we are better than them. We have Harden. We still have Bev.

9. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

10. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

The Spurs... OKC has taken a step back

11. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I think OKC may become this era's Utah. We are gonna be linked together until James Harden is gone. which is at least 5 years. Id guess it will be more than that though.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

You were remiss in not including GSW, but I wouldn't have voted for them. I vote OKC because of the Harden thing and the Beverley/Westbrook thing, and the former-Sonics thing, and because we will be battling them to get out of the West every year. We will battle the Spurs too, but their window is shorter.

I think the Lakers are still on the radar. I just don't like them, in general. But, they've also been a thorn in our sides. And they'll be coming at us because of the Howard thing, so there's bad blood on their side, at least. Still, they aren't contenders now and their window is closing at the moment, so the conditions aren't ripe for a big rivalry right now. If they bounce back quick in a couple of years, I can see it heating up quickly.

With GSW, we've got a little spark of something. Racing with us last season. The embarassment we hung on them and their unsportsmanlike reaction. And they might be a legit playoff threat in the future. I can see it getting big depending on what goes down this season.

We used to have something starting with Portland, but then they fizzled. Utah and Dallas are no fun while they're bad. There could be something there with Memphis, but somehow there isn't. So, I gotta say OKC here.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

Should be this or OKC.

Both have very young cores, great backcourt players, a superstar that can light it up from anywhere.

If only our fanbase was equal to the OKC or GS fans. That would be a sight to see.

14. tr3yzle

tr3yzle Member

Jim Crane
    LA Lakers
    SA Spurs
    GS Warriors
    Miami Heat

15. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

That was awesome.

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I don't see how we have any bone to pick with GSW to be honest. We pounded them three of the games we played them in and then gave them a token win at their house in the end because we knew they would be in full "Injure somebody" mode if we just went ahead and swept them.

Now they're looking up to us like a big brother while we're just trying to get our swag on. Signing Iguodala just to counteract Harden when their biggest issues are still going to be big man depth since their starting C and PF are made of glass.

If anyone remembers back that far, I think it was the Rockets (Lowry or Brooks) that injured Bogut when he was a Buck, knocked him out for like 3 months. So yeah they have bone to pick with us. Not the other way around. When we play them our goals will be: 1. stay healthy as they'll be ready to play dirty at times; and 2. pound them in the middle and on the outside three where their defense is squishiest. As in, aside from Iguodala their starters play none.

Until they fix that (and with a team led by Curry and Kevin Martin clone Klay Thompson, I'm not sure they ever will), they won't be contending for anything. Sorry.

17. amaru

amaru Member

3peat

18. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

Why isn't there an option to pick ourselves?

19. dragician

dragician Member

No doubt Miami Heat in the finals.

20. htownbandit

htownbandit Rookie

Where is GS?