1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is Jordan Hamilton?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Feb 20, 2014.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

If he comes off the bench before Garcia I will be very happy.

2. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

I like this trade for AB -- 3rd string here to fill in starter in Denver with half a season to impress and land a new contract somewhere. With out this trade, likely AB could realistically have been out if the league come summer.

3. vator

vator Contributing Member

I'll wait before I make a rash judgment one way or the other about this trade. For starters it isn't like you gave up a whole lot and I say that as a Brook supporter. I'm reserving judgment because I remember acquiring under the radar 3rd year guys like Kyle Lowry and Goran Dragic. They showed up with mediocre at best stats and got better. Kyle Lowry when traded to Houston in his 3rd year was averaging 7.6 points 2.3 rebounds and 3.6 assists and 1 steal in 21.7 minutes on 41% and 26% from 3. Dragic whom we got in his 3rd year was averaging 7.4 points 1.8 rebounds and 3.1 assists and 1 steal on 42% and 29% from 3 in 17.8 minutes.

This guy isn't a PG, but what I'm saying is maybe Morey sees something in his stats that leads him to believe he has potential to be a player. So far in his 3rd year as well, 6.8 points 3.4 rebounds and 1 steal in 17.2 minutes on 39% and 35% from 3. Good size and very respectable shot chart on corner 3 pointers. Not saying he is going to turn into a borderline All Star or anything, but maybe it is too soon to give up on him and just write him off.

2 people like this.
  4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

James Anderson?

1 person likes this.
  5. vator

vator Contributing Member

Anderson was completely out of the NBA when we signed him off the scrap heap and a quick glance at his stats says that Jordan Hamilton is a superior player, but we'll see.

I'm not saying he will be anything worth keeping in the long run, just not dismissing him.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm thinking James Andersen.

7. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

Morey has a great habit of aquirining players that either over-perform or play up to a higher level than in their previous teams. He probably sees something in all his stat crunching.

8. HOUSTONROCKETS5

He just needs to knock down open threes and play solid defense. If he does that he'll steal Garcia's minutes in a heart beat!

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

Jordan Hamilton is at his last chance to make it in the NBA. That's who he is. If he's smart, he'd bust his ass, look good on national TV in the playoffs, and secure himself a 2nd contract.

If he's not that guy, then the trade failed.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He hasn't played enough to be labeled a bust, but he's here to basically play the casspi/garcia/gforbes/regwilliams role that opened up when we landed DH. Anything more is a bonus.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He is the other teams Covington.

12. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

T-Rob is horrible!

13. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

A not as quick glance at youtube confirms your suspicions. Anderson's biggest problem is he wasn't consistent. That does not appear to be the case with Hamilton. In fact the more consistent play he gets the better he gets. And he does have a bit of a mid range game unlike anyone else on our team not named Harden.

My only concern why did Denver give up on him. He was averaging 20 minutes a game for the first 2 months and then he went down to less than 4 the rest of the way with a lot DNP's. Was it the fight with Steve Adams? Is he coachable? Will he fit in on this team. If he does he could be another Morey steal?

1 person likes this.
  14. Play07

Play07 Member

who is Hamilton ?

A slap in the face to convington. and will never play better D than James Johnson.

15. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

All I'm really looking for this guy to do is hit 3s, help out with defensive rebounding, and not get torched defensively. If he can do that much, he should take Garcia's minutes.

16. AXG

AXG Member

His measurements are similar to Marcus Morris.

17. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

view of business:the guy Daryl brought in to compete with Parsons in order to squeeze his future contract.
    If he perform well I wont get surprised if "start alternatively and better fit" scenario 2 show up next season, as black dudes always have better athleticism and better taken by coaches over white dudes.

18. mhsc008

mhsc008 Member

Maybe his PIE

PIE is a simple metric that gives an excellent indication of performance at both the team and player level. According to nba.com, here are the PIEs of some of the Rockets player:
    D. Howard 14.7%
    J. Harden 14.6%
    C. Parsons 11.9%
    J. Hamilton 10.2% <---
    O. Casspi 10%
    J. Lin 9.9%
    O. Asik 9.6%
    D. Motiejunas 7.5%
    P. Beverley 7.2%
    F. Garcia 5.9%

19. Asian Sensation

American Oscar Torres?
    Black Shandon Anderson?
    Modern Rodrick Rhodes?
    Slightly bigger Tracy Moore
    Tim Breaux, bro?
    Tracy Moore... For the older people in the group?