1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is John Durham

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Sep 14, 2020.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

and every foreign intelligence service in the world.

B@ffled likes this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So the defense is Trump lies. I think that is a sound defense

3. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Brennan's and Baker's notes spell that out.

The recent revelations that it was Hilary's idea is new news to me.
    I don’t doubt that it gets swept under the rug somehow. But not because it’s not true. This declassified doc show candidate Clinton offered up the Russian narrative and suggested to blame it on then candidate Trump.

basso likes this.
  4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

As noted in previous reply, I read all that.

Its nonsense.

#244 larsv8, Oct 13, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Again .... it was Hillary’s idea for Trump to sign a letter of intent with the Kremlin to build Trump tower Moscow??

Yes there was predicate to investigate.

Yes Hillary strategized to hurt Trump politically for it.

Yes you would want the Republicans to do the same if you take out Trump and Russia and insert Obama and Iran.

This conspiracy theory is stupid and we aren’t morons.

FranchiseBlade and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes Clinton wanted to use his ties with Russia politically in her campaign rhetoric.

7. basso

Supporting Member

excellent, we agree on the premise. do you also agree her campaign was behind the Steele dossier, and that said dossier was largely a fabrication?

8. fchowd0311

Yes her campaign hired Fusion GPS who hired Steele.

And?

9. basso

Supporting Member

Great, we're in agreement!

and as we know from the documents released, Steele's primary source was considered a russian asset.

Correct?

B@ffled likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

Yes Steele had many sources that he collected through his years of connections being a Russian intelligence expert at MI6. He told the FBI which sources seemed less credible than others and the FBI used it as s initial intelligence gathering document. They had many other reasons also to start an investigation and the investigation in the FBI was started internally and not from the pressure of the White House.

11. basso

Supporting Member

that's close, but the reality is the dossier was almost a complete fabrication, based on sources the FBI concluded were unreliable, and likely spreading disinformation. Bennan also briefed Obama on this fact.

B@ffled likes this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

@B@ffled

13. fchowd0311

Oh he briefed Obama. ****. Deep state conspiracy.

The FBI concluded that some sources were unreliable and some weren't and had plenty of other incidents that made them suspicious that has nothing to do with the dossier.
    So any evidence of Russians successfully hacking the server rather than just attempting?

#253 fchowd0311, Oct 14, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The same ones that are listening to every phone call the current president makes. Remember he uses unsecured lines on a consumer iPhone.

You have yet to express any concern over that.

Sure you can guess that Hillary's server was breached. But it's just a guess. There's no proof. You would have to presume then that all of the other officials in Bush's administration had similar breaches since they also used private servers. I didn't hear any concern from you over that either.

Hilary was absolutely wrong to use a private unsecured server. But that is hardly as exposing as Trump's unsecured phone made in China.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And yet it wasn't a complete fabrication and multiple parts have been verified. That doesn't happen to complete fabrications. And obviously the sources that gave them the parts that have been verified were reliable.

16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

tell baker i told him all i know already

B@ffled and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

No, the dossier, by definition, is a "collection of rumors". This was intelligence gathering, not evidence gathering. This is a key difference you really don't seem to be able to grasp.

The FBI wasn't looking for it to be "evidence", they were gathering all available information on the topic that they could find patterns and then pursue areas where things seemed like they might be true. That's when you get to the "verify" stage of the process.

One of the "rumors" was there was a pee tape. Verified? No. Funny? Yes. Used as evidence of a crime? No. So the fact that it was not verified is irrelevant. These are also called "leads".

Another of the "rumors" was that Putin had leverage over Trump. Verified? YES. Trump tower Moscow and a letter of intent learned via investigating the rumor and getting "evidence" from Michael Cohen.

Another of the "rumors" was that Trump was deeply in debted to Putin. Verified? PENDING. Investigative bodies are trying like hell to get his financial data, which he is desperate to hide.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

You guys seem to be missing the point. The point is that the FBI, DOJ & CIA pushed a false narrative for 3 years and 90% of the media helped them. This is how things in China or Russia work. It's not supposed to work like this in America. It's not about who's right and who's wrong anymore. It's about making sure the people in power who collectively did this don't do this again...even if they aren't charged with anything. At least that's the way I see it.

I'll be honest. When the yellow cake story was proven to be false it didn't piss me off then. That was over 15 years ago and at the time I thought setting up shop in Iraq would be a good strategic move for the U.S. Here we are, still in these wars and we have learned more and more about the Reagan/Bush/Clinton/Bush/Obama intelligence operations. The same players have been in place. It's power they crave and more importantly now they are desperate not to get caught. But they have been caught. How soon the depths of it become public depends on how honest our media is. And right now they are just tools who are owned by a small percentage of Elite who obviously have their own agenda. It's not a crazy idea to ask myself "Why does Jeff Bezo's Washington Post push false stories by anonymous sources?" What's Jeff's goal? Why does Jack censor tweets that offer up discussions about Covid treatment? Healthy discussions are important.

History will ultimately determine who was right or wrong on the Russia Hoax and Obama Spygate subjects. But it's not about keeping score. It's about taking a corrective action and we the people have to demand it from both the media and our elected officials.

basso likes this.
  19. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why indeed? Let's hear your answers.

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I don't have the answers. I'm all ears for yours though. Or are you just insinuating these are preposterous questions? I mean, really....who in the hell would question such things? Right? My bad.. I shouldn't be asking questions about things that are non of my business.

basso likes this.