1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is going to show up with a killer mentality on offense and execute in the playoffs for us?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BallSoHarden, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Gerald MOTHERF&$#ING Green splish splash

2. hakeemthagreat

KD was a beast WELL before GS

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

where was the beast when after being up 3 to 1 they got swept 3 games in the WCFs?

he wasn't even OKCs best player in the playoffs right before he left

for the past 5 years, who had the heaviest offensive burden in the playoffs - meaning who had to not only score a bunch but assist and playmake a bunch as well because there was no other scorer/playmaker on the team?

4. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Max Kellerman...:confused:

5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

****’s about to get real fellas.

6. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

Not really.

You make a thread insinuating that this team has a lack of "killer-instinct" on offense, and then go on to list players that have hesitated more than you like. I'm simply countering that. I think this team already has a slew of players that possess the very thing you think we need more of already, and the proof is right out in the open, for all of us to see.

[​IMG]

vlaurelio likes this.
  7. valorita

valorita Member

Cp, joe, ariza, pj, nene are all bigtime performers who aren’t afraid of the moment

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  8. riko

riko Member

its gonna come down to harden. He is by far our best player and that is saying alot since we have a 8th or 9th best player in the league as our second best player. .He needs to step UP and lead if we have a chance to win a title. Its going to come down to him as chuck said last night on TNT..

BallSoHarden likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I asked Alexa and she said "Sorry, not sure". I'm going with that.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

we're saying the same thing

for me,

stepping up in the playoffs = everyone continuing to bring their best games/performances in the season and doing it consistently each and every game as much as physically possible in the playoffs = 16 wins = championship

BallSoHarden likes this.
  11. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

That doesn't really show anything but regular season total offensive rating. It's a pretty one dimensional thought process and not what I mean by killer instinct. I'm not talking about something that can be easily quantified, I'm talking about behavioral characteristics of players in playoff atmosphere. How does a player react to a non-call, how does a player react to the game within the game Lance blowing in your ear, not getting a call for baiting a player into a foul, how you react when the guy you're guarding is having a hot shooting start, how you react to some dirty fans talking about your fam sitting court-side etc). The playoffs are a different atmosphere and the Rockets have been coasting for a while, the question is who is going to use the atmosphere to step their game up offensively? We've had guys like Pat Bev and hoping PJ that can do that on the defensive end.

12. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Here are the things I really like about this team and what I think separates this group from the years past:

1) We don't HAVE to have Harden on the floor at all times - In the past few years, Harden had to play pretty much every single minute. Each time he went to the bench we all had to cross our fingers hoping that whatever lead they gained wasnt completely demolished when he went back out there. Now with a guy like Chris Paul running the show while he is out, we almost expect the lead to get even bigger. Yes, Harden will play a ton of minutes, but it wont be because he HAS TO play that many.

2) Pride in the defense - Losing Mbah a Moute will hurt, no doubt about it, his versatility helped fill so many holes on defense. But having guys like PJ Tucker and CP3 only helps the defensive accountability. When those guys are fighting their tails off on defense, everyone else thinks "If they are doing that and I'm not, then what the hell am I doing?"

3) Shooters everywhere - Last year Eric Gordon struggled a little bit from deep and Ryan Anderson and Lou Williams were non-existent. This year, if Eric Gordon and Ryan Anderson struggle, they have CP3, Gerald Green, Joe Johnson (although he has not shot it well as a Rocket), and PJ Tucker that can pick up the slack. That is huge.

4) CP3 or Harden in clutch time? - This is the biggest reason I'm excited about this team's chances. Last year, all this team had was Harden to end the game. If he didn't have it at the end, MDA had nobody else he could point to. Now? He has a Hall of Fame point guard. This is why that Portland game had to happen. Yes it was frustrating to lose a big lead. Yes the game meant nothing in the standings. But at the end, with the game on the line, it was CP3 that had the ball in his hands. If Harden doesnt have it at the end of the game, he doesnt have to dominate the ball every play. MDA can point to CP3 and say "OK, it's your turn." That means EVERYTHING in the playoffs. The best part? Neither of them mind. It's all about winning at this point, to them.