1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who here is actually glad Marcus Morris got a chance to play?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

From what I've seen of him, like Carmelo, he works better as a under sized 4. I haven't seen him guard any SFs but I worry he doesn't have the speed to guard them laterally. Granted, neither does Delfino who usually plays that spot off the bench but I get why people would rather see him at the SF position.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

(comment removed)

3. Entropy

Entropy Member

I was one of the haters on him early this season, but he's kicked it up a notch and shown some ability and confidence out there. At this point, I wouldn't mind him taking over for PPat. Hell, I'd rather him on ball-handling duties over Douglas.

4. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

He surprised me that's for sure, I didn't see this coming from him after watching him last year. I'm sure he will be up and down like it is his rookie season but he sure moves a lot better than I thought he could.

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Small point, but he's 6'9 and 230lbs, not 6'7.

He's not freakishly athletic, but he's big enough to bang with the 4s, I think his best spot is coming off the bench as the 'energy 4' who can stretch out the defence or take the slower big guys to the hole [ie, just in the role he's currently playing]

Agree on him being a better option than Patterson - my personal preference would be to see Jones take the spot at some stage during the season (but perfectly happy to ease him into it)

6. Dei

Dei Member

I'd put him in the starting 5 in the place of - not Patterson - Parsons. Parsons is an absolute vagina this season.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Lin
    Harden
    Morris
    Jones
    Asik

8. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

at least he's better than Jaquim Hawkins, Reece Gaines, and Terrence Morris.

9. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

If this is a rebuilding year, the coaches shouldn't be afraid to shake up the line-up to find out what works and what doesn't, but of course they won't.

10. Ultramagnus

Ultramagnus Rookie

Carmelo Anthony plays the 4 now and Mike Woodson intends to keep him there. Placing him at the 4 puts Carmelo at an advantage and Woodson has capitalized on this. There is no need to pigeon hole Mook Morris at the 3, he can handle himself at the 4 and he could even very much prosper at the spot.

We've got to free out minds on this one folks. Mook should get major minutes as a starter, get looks ang get shots. Provided he does his part on defense and rebounding as well.

Leave the off the bench scoring to Delfino, and the Rooks.

PPat could get better if he takes a page from Jon Brockman and play with some balls.

11. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I can't see him starting. Hes not a good fit.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Fit or not, I really like having someone come off the bench and be able to offer some consistent scoring.... especially in the paint.

I do think his skills mash well with Hardens though. When Harden draws in the defense, that little bit of space can do wonders for getting Morris quality shots.

Morris is a guy who might be the Xfactor this season. Potentially Carl Landry 2.0 with a 3 point shot, and better defense.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

How is he not a good fit? He can play with the ball or off of it. Inside or out. That's exactly what you need with Harden. Right now our backcourt is like Foster and Tate without capable receivers. Morris is like a Kevin Walter.

14. TheRealAllpro

I got to disagree. He needs to dominate the ball to work. I don't see how that works with Harden. We need spot up shooters or low post scorers around harden.

15. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Bingo

scoring options at 4 positions... to offsett asik

16. Robjos

Robjos Member

im so happy for him, i really am, im pretty sure that he can even play better once he starts to get comfortable, wich he has been doing more constantly now.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Have you been watching the games? Morris has probably scored, at least, half his buckets by moving without the ball. He's hardly taken the ball and just "dominated" it. He spaces the floor to get open for threes, he rebounds offensively for put backs, cuts inside for layups and slams.

Spot up shooting and low post scoring? Precisely what Morris can do:

His jumper is legit. All he needs is more minutes to develop a rhythm and shoot a higher percentage.

#57 RV6, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  18. TheRealAllpro

They call him Melo light for a reason

19. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

I am glad.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Because he modeled some of his offensive game after Melo. That doesn't mean he plays just like him. In fact, he's playing now because he became a better team player.