1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who has greater upside - PatPat or Hill

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Jan 1, 2011.

Tags:
?

PatPat or Hill - Who has greater upside

1. Hill

219 vote(s)
    47.0%
  2. PatPat

247 vote(s)
    53.0%
  1. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

PATrick PATterson is his real name for crying out loud, lol.

What's gay is players with last names being girls' first names, being called by their last name only, like TAMME.

2. CXbby

CXbby Member

In the TWO games that Patrick Patterson has played real minutes in, he has gotten double digit rebounds TWICE.

In Jordan Hill's 78 game NBA career, he has gotten double digit rebounds exactly ONCE.

You tell me who has the greater upside.

3. pbthunder

pbthunder Member

It is still too early to say anything with certainty about PPatt.

I am a Hill fan, but yeah, PPatt is making him look a little bad. Won't really bother me if PPatt turns out better, though - More than a Hill fan, I'm a Morey fan, and the last few acquisitions (PPatt, T-Will, Lee, Ish, Miller) are looking pretty good.

4. durvasa

durvasa Member

Now that's an interesting stat. :)

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Member
    Supporting Member

Jordan Hill can do some things that maybe 10 guys in the NBA can do.

But that Patrick Patterson does his job, and he will do it every night, imo.

Consistency, Fundamentals.

Patrick should be playing in front of Hill at the moment, imo.

6. RocketForever

RocketForever Member

Right, you came to your conclusion based on two games. Keep exaggerating since that's what you are really good at.

7. CXbby

CXbby Member

No, I came to my conclusion based on Jordan Hill's entire NBA career and how he has been unable to replicate what Patterson has done in two games.

How did you come to your conclusion that Jordan Hill has a greater upside than Patterson, or that he has any upside at all?

8. MourningWood

MourningWood Member

Wait, how did you come to your conclusion that Patrick Patterson has a greater upside than Hill? Oh, that's right... on one facet of the game, rebounding.

9. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Member

Let's see.. Patterson has back-to-back double digit rebounding games in his rookie year and the head coach calls him our best big man team defender? And people are still arguing Hill has more potential? :confused:

10. pbthunder

pbthunder Member

Well, it's not clear that PPatt will replicate what he has done, either. Two games are two games. As for what RA says, he sees both of them in practice all the time. Plus, he's been a professional talent evaluator for many years.

Hill seems to be getting it together, even if a little bit too slowly for many posters here. PPatt has been impressive as hell for two games.

Let's also remember that collectively, the board was screaming about how incompetent both DM and RA were just a few weeks ago. I think more patience is in order.

11. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Member

I think Hill has greater upside. However, at this point I believe that PPat will have the better career. PPat has a much better motor. Other than the nice move on the baseline(he got away with a travel) early last night, I barely even noticed Hill. Its dissapointing when I see a young player get a great opportunity(Hill starting in place of an injured Hayes) and not do anything at all to help his team on either side of the floor. I believe that because of PPat's motor he will always be able to make some kind of impact on the court whether its hustle plays, rebounding, taking a charge, etc.

12. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

I love Hill's length and hops, and he has shown flashes of potential with his footwork and mid range jumper.... but for the love of God can the coaching staff come up with some drills to develop his hands. its painful sometimes. Worse than yao in his rookie season.......

13. Fierguard

Fierguard Member

Upside... I would say Hill has greater upside. If he were to use all of his physical gifts he could become a monster. As he has not been playing basketball for as long you can see him not making the instinctive plays. He is mechanical at this point not fluid but it is getting better.

Patterson is a polished player already. He move well in the offense, he sees the plays a bit before or while they are happening. He naturally moves into position better. He has muscle and experience memory while Jordan Hill has... oh I am suppose to be here.

Hill in my opinion has more upside... imagine him fluid and with purpose... wow. Patterson I think will be the better player as he will give you more now and in the future. Patterson makes the plays quicker then Hill... not his quickness on the court but the time it takes him to make the play seems quicker than Hill.

Fierguard

Bleed Red Rockets Red

14. Mack

Mack Member

You have to have patience with Hill. If I remember correctly, he only started playing organized basketball his last year of high school. Watching him in pre-season, I didn't have any hope for him. However, I've been impressed with his progress since the start of the season.

In my eyes he's improved considerably in his individual offense and defense over the past month. In the past month it looks like he's developed a couple new post moves, to go along with his jump hook and jump shot. He's definitely lacking in the team defense and offensive playsets right now, but it may be due to inexperience instead of lack of intelligence/motivation.

15. RocketForever

RocketForever Member

ROFL, entire career? The entire career of a 23 years old 2nd year player?

Dude, your hate for Jordan Hill has blinded you. You are getting more comical by the day.

16. kovacs242

kovacs242 Member

Agreed, he's a bad joke. PP has been awesome for these two games, but that doesn't mean that Hill sucks. Actually, we're blessed with two very talented players. PP is more polished, but I think Hill also has a lot in him. Everyone should be happy with him. We got him for nothing and he upped his trade value by miles. If we just trade him, he has made us a better team.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Hill can be Marcus Camby at best and Stromile Swift at worst. Since Patterson looks to be a very develop-able player, I'd say we trade Hill while we can still sell on his potential.

18. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

excellent comments

19. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

not just his observation. ra also made a comment on pat that pretty much indicates pat knows how to play bball.

regarding hill, he keeps remind us of stromile.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Really says nothing about potential. Gary Neal is averaging more points than Evan Turner, so he obviously has more potential than Turner does.

Gary Neal also is averaging more points his rookie year than Kobe's rookie year...that's not potential.

Everyone knew Neal was a pro-ready player...just like Patterson is. That means though that they may not improve much from what they are now.

1 person likes this.