1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who has Game Flash Ideas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Sep 14, 2000.

1. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

This site certainly has some influence in many areas, most specifically in trade rumors. There are just so many people that might be connected to a particular organization, and the information found here can lead to further investigation.

However, I seriously doubt that they would come here to consult the plays we draw up using FLASH. First of all, I seriously doubt that HP will spend as much time analysing the games as do the Rockets personnel. Seriously, the coaching staff spends hours on this. I'm sure they have more skills than any of us in here. That's why they are working in the most prestigious basketball league in the world.

You might ask:

Don't the Rockets make it their job to find out about trades? How come they rely on this site sometimes?

There's a huge difference between plays and trade rumors. The latter can come from many different sources, such as friends and family members of the players themselves. In addition, we have guys with other bits of "inside information" which can come from every city or team in the NBA. Certainly this is information that the Rockets can't come to close to as easily.

Fact is, plays are more clear-cut and there's no such thing as close to "inside info" that we find in trade speculation. Maybe a team might take a peek at the sites, but there's no way that they'll find out much more that they already know. They have the tools to know about the plays, and have more resources than we do. Do you seriously think we're going to pick up on things they can't see?

------------------
    Nederland 2002 Qualifying Campaign (Damn those penalties!!!)

Houston Rockets Space Center- Not just another ClutchCity.NET clone. We're that and more! :)

2. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Be careful Aelliot this a so-called serious thread about a very serious issue Flashing, so please no joking.

------------------
    Discombobulation Imminent

3. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

No, not at all. I am all for posting the Flash diagrams of Rocket offensive plays. Like HPee said, it what the players do with the plays, not the play itself.

I would also love to see ideas from people on this site that the Rockets could use, not just the sets they already use.

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

4. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I must have misunderstood your intent, Bob. My bad. I have been busy playing truant officer and was distracted.

------------------
    Save our children from the TAAS test:
    TAAS test report card
    TAAS test fact sheet

Dog lover here....cats beware.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I think the Rockets should use the Utah pick n roll.

god...those talks go nowhere. But they are better than trade talks in my opinion.

Bob*, one intention of visual diagrams is others have reference points to discuss speculative new plays. I just want to say though that I hope the speculation occurs in separate threads. The report threads can be overwhelmed into arguments about someone's stockton fetish or something "I thought of last night". Those are fine, but the idea is to generate more threads about speculative plays with better references, not go off topic in a game thread.

Think about this dream scenario concerning game threads. Once an archive of Flash is in place, then people can talk about what plays were failures and should have been scraped for that game (and why), and what plays Rudy didn't use from the archives that he should have at key points in the game.

Totally invented plays are not necessary to discuss when talking specifics about a given game. Those really are different threads.

Do you agree?

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited September 14, 2000).]

6. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Ageed.

This is a great topic HPee, keep up the good work

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

7. Behad

HP:
    What program do you use to write your flash stuff? Is it available on the net? So far, all I have found is a shareware called sWish, that seems to work well, although I have only used it for about an hour. I did make a great 1 on 0 play that scores a bucket everytime.

------------------
    TAAS test report card
    TAAS test fact sheet

8. heypartner

You know you can probably easily do a reverse angle on your play that should also work well with your kids.

Flash IS the program.

9. Steve

Steve Member

Francis on top of SABONIS dunking remember that?

------------------
    "It wasn't a fight. He punched me one time, that's all. That's not a fight. I don't fight at 30,000 feet. I had an education." L8 vs Stack

10. Behad

I'll get back with ya later on this, safety meeting is about to start. They expect us to pay attention (or at least stay awake).

------------------
    TAAS test report card
    TAAS test fact sheet

11. heypartner

touche Smeggy.

I apologize again. You, DoD, Rocket03 and Bob* can definitely derail threads with the best of them. I probably overthink this one, and am expecting more Rudy/Mobley bashing again this year than actually will happen. It's just that everytime I came home from a game and wanted to talk about a certain play. Nothing but yelling or derailing. Hell, my threads got riddled and ridiculed constantly. It wasn't as much what happened to me, it was the people I was talking to. They'd either take on the Rudy bashers ad nauseum, or leave the thread cause it got silly.

It's not that this is an overly serious topic; it is just that I know for a fact, people leave threads when we get silly. I got too testy with you...sorry man.

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited September 15, 2000).]

12. heypartner

Crisco,

I really don't know where to start with any defense diagrams. We had no defense last year. I can show why I think Cato sucks, though.

Nolen/Behad
    Thanks for the feedback. God, I want to talk about plays so bad. Ever since I left the Illinois cornfield to come to Rice, I've been jealous of all the Texas football knowledge and resources, and totally miss the scores of basketball friends I had back home.

I also, really don't know how much my terminology translates to NBA. That's why I'd like to get just one NBA person in here to comment like maybe once a year.

oh Nolen, there is not multiple alley-oop threats an a single set. We did have multiple alley-oop sets though. Maybe I didn't say it correctly awhile back.

aelliott
    If I made templates, would you want to help.

To all
    If I can pull this off once per home game, before 1 am, and remain an objective reporter...I think we will be surprised by who comes to check us out. The more we remain on topic, the better. Do you think this is too pie-in-the-sky. That it's silly to think that anyone from the sports world would come take a look.

Clutch
    Can we please have Delete back...whimper?

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited September 15, 2000).]