1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who has Game Flash Ideas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Sep 14, 2000.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

We are going animation this year. Give me your plays that you actually saw last year, that were worth demonstrating the growth of the Rockets.

Fret not, this season will be different for both the Rockets and cc.net

OK here's the plan on the movies; please tell me more what is interesting to Flash-out before the season starts...

1. Flex for Dummies (or, "Show me the Motion")
    2. Advanced Flex: Demystifying the Triangle
    3. Transition Flex (or Watching a Phi Slamma Jamma Practice...or Rudy explains what "We Will Run w/Francis" means)
    4. The Dawn of a New Era: The Francis Wing attack with weak-side flex
    5. The Zipper Play (stolen from the 76'ers)
    6. Francis/Bullard pick-n-roll that Riley dismissed for a big loss!
    7. Why is Bullard Starting (or "You can be Jeff Hornachek, Too") or ("How Do You Explain to Your Girlfriend Why You're Up at 4am Watching the Laker game in Slow Motion")
    8. Minnesota/Garnett death trapping #6
    9.. Two Shakes against the Lakers in January
    10. The San Antonio zone response to #7
    11. Teaching an Old Dog New Tricks (Failed Experiments in Dream Flex-ing)
    12. Rudy responds in late March with a Two Shakes w/extended options
    13. Shandon on the move (Baseline Flex)
    14. Wizard Comes Alive (Flex Double Pick)
    15. Ticketholders demand no Tanking: Release the Hounds (Alley-oop-ing against Mutombo!!)

And the pre-season playbook that has only surfaced in flashes throughout the season.
    16. The Warp n Woof Flex (coined by your's truly)
    17. Double High Post Pick (only seen glimpse)
    18. The Triple Option (1st spotted by Will in this thread, as I recall)

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited September 14, 2000).]

2. davo

davo Contributing Member

3. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

HP,

Sign me up for the ANIMATION TRAIN, three more plays to add

1. Cuttino jacking up **** whenever he wants

2. Cato dropping 6 consecutive passes that all would have been dunks, and don't forget the

3. Bullard clear out play

and what about some animations of our defensive schemes, should be easy, with Shandon guarding his player and the other 4 running around like headless chickens

Smeg CHOooo CHoooo

------------------
    Discombobulation Imminent

4. heypartner

smeggy,

do you know what it takes to do a flash play on a consistent basis?

Think twice before you make fun of an effort that another bbs member wants.

this is not funny. I know you were just joking. But did I say this is not funny. Save this crap for Francis23476SlamDunk1455Franchis11298

Maybe we just want to fart around with posts ad nauseum and wait for interesting teenagers to contribute more commentary.

or maybe we want to see animation

what do the fu$k does this board expect from one rabid poster like me!!!

Right now, your post is sad for things to come.........

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Are u talking English heypee [​IMG]. Or have u decided to talk garbage in a different language [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------
    Fun Police Says:

1. Stupid threads are not FUN!
    2. Spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure are not FUN!
    3. Stupid BBS names are not FUN!
    4. Conduct yourself in a FUN way!

The Fun Police are Watching.
    Vote for the Rockets & Have FUN or be Assimilated.

6. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Like I said before heyP, I'll be there with you on flash diagrams of Rocket plays. However, I do not know how to do flash (maybe I'll learn before the season starts). But I will watch the games and enjoy your flash stuff as an analysis afterwards. I coach three different basketball teams and plan on incorporating a play or two into my playbook using your flash diagrams. Last year I had two stud players and was able to rely on them to win a lot of games. But those kids are gone this year, so I will have to do more coaching if I want to keep winning.

------------------
    Save our children from the TAAS test:
    TAAS test report card
    TAAS test fact sheet

Dog lover here....cats beware.

7. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

I am like Behad in that I haven't learned Flash yet. But I do enjoy your diagrams. I just hope other teams don't visit to figure out how to stop them.

I would love to see:
    12. Rudy responds in late March with a Two Shakes w/extended options
    Is this the one where the Rocks clear out for Mobes, who then pentrates, drawing a double or triple team, then dishes to a cutting Francis for an ez jam?

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

Exactly. Isn't this kind of like Reggie Miller leaving his playbook at the airport. I don't think this a good idea.

Teams are scouted intensely, so the opponents pretty much know our plays, but why give them another resource to make it easier. Some knowledge should remain within the inner sanctum. I think this is where you have got to draw the line.

I'm interested in the plays, but I don't think its a good idea to post them. Especially if you want Clutch to be invited back to camp.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

[This message has been edited by PhiSlammaJamma (edited September 14, 2000).]

9. heypartner

excuse me Rockets03 and smeggy.

I like to joke around as much as anyone. But I do not intend to joke around in a play-of-the-game thread. I intend to only report what I see and want others to add or critiqe the reports.

I really do not want these threads peppered with lazy jokey comments. If I am going to do the work to replicate what I see on the court in Flash, I want those threads to lead to new members registering, and inspired conversation about X's and 0's, with the dream that pro analysts/scouts will come into cc.net one of these days, or a coach.

A bunch of jokes about imaginary plays just waters down the effort. Come on please. Let me have this one. Let me try to do something different this year. Please.

And Clutch. Give me back Delete, and I can force order in game threads by Deleting all my Flash so the complaints lead to positive self-control by us users. I had big plans for my Delete.

10. heypartner

WOW! PhiSlammaJamma.

I expected that comment. But not so soon. Juicy! Really...who else believes that?

Think about this. On television and the sports .coms, they break down plays and report what happened with arrows and Xs/Os. They just don't have big archives. I want to be an archive of everything we see. So, other teams have actual Video tape. Do you think Pat Riley will look here before his video tape?

Hopefully, the web's first archive of game breakdowns will draw a lot of attention, and liven up this place. But...hurt the Rockets. Man I hope not. That's flattering, but I don't think anyone pro scout or coach will listen to word one from me over his own analysis. At best, Calvin Murphy will have to think twice before giving his analysis of a play so as not to contradict cc.net's analysis. Watch out Calvin, we are listening, hehe.

11. heypartner

back to topic...

if you are interested, please give me feedback on what you want to see first. I need to release a trailer soon.

where the hell is Nolen?

12. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

I think you should put Francis in animation
    when he crossed Troy Hudson. That would be tight.

13. BobFinn*

Actually, I think you would be surprised.

------------------

14. heypartner

I can't animate video tape.

just Xs and Os. like at nba.com.

The best I could do with the troy hudson play is to show how Francis faked him out so bad he broke the serifs on the X.

15. Behad

Let me take this one HP:

You're kidding, right? With all the sophisticated video equipment available today, you think Riley will need a second-rate (no offense HP) animation to help beat the Rockets? Please.....

------------------
    TAAS test report card
    TAAS test fact sheet

16. Behad

Lil, you list your occupation as student. College age students do not use words like "tight".
    Please go back to class, and leave the daytime for us adults to post.

------------------
    TAAS test report card
    TAAS test fact sheet

17. BobFinn*

Nope, I was saying that NBA teams, as well as the NBA league office visit these sites to get inside information on players injuries and such. With CC.net being one of the best fan sites on the internet, you can bet that NBA people visit here.

------------------

18. heypartner

Bob* and PhiSlamma....Playbooks get too much credit. Maybe in football you need to guard them with your life, but much of what you see in basketball is reaction to the defense and exploitation of athletic ability.

The "plays" are a foundation from which to develop scoring opportunities, much like soccer and hockey. In my Garnett analysis, I describe how we were beating the high trap on Francis, but Minnesota made one adjustment to stop it did. Basically, what they did was due to the awesome defensive abilities of Garnett. Another team could look at my explanation, but they would need Garnett to make it work.

19. Behad

That may be so, but should that be a reason to not post flash diagrams of plays? That we may be giving the competetion an edge on defending our offense?

------------------
    TAAS test report card
    TAAS test fact sheet

20. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Steve I remember that play because I was there. The crowd went nuts when he dunked on Sabonis.