1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Who Got Next: Who is the Next Harden?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocket River, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

When Harden was the 6th man on the OKC Thunder
    People knew he was good but . . . were not ready for the BREAK OUT

Who is the next NBA guy that is ready to break and be the #1 or #2 on a team
    as oppose to their role player position they in now?

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Jimmy butler is going down that path. Now the bulls are turning into his team

4. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Harrison Barnes

5. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

definitely can see harrison barnes become that next star

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Boban Marjanovic

8. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Rodney Hood

9. malakas

malakas Member

By next Harden I will take it you just mean someone just the 1st or 2nd option and not an MVP caliber superstar.
    Well C.J had a lot of similarities to Harden, but now he already has managed to breakout with more usage.
    Perhaps Goodwin? If he had more chance and higher usage? He has serious flaws in his game though.
    Middleton also from the first half of last year when he was just a roleplayer 3+D to what he's becoming..but he already got paid and offered bigger role and usage.

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think CJ McCollum is going to be the next superstar.

1 person likes this.
  11. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

As someone who has seen most Warriors games, I really doubt this unless he makes a HUGE leap. I can't even see Barnes being a #2, let alone a #1.

12. malakas

malakas Member

Hood and Warren are going to be good scorers. Hood may get burried a bit but Warren will get his chance.

I dont' believe in Barnes either. If he is a team's top2 option that team will be in the high lottery.

13. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

CJ.

That is all

14. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

It's hard to say who will be the next James. Has to be someone who plays like 3rd fiddle, and there simply aren't many great 3rd fiddles that are young like Harden was.

I can see maybe Evan Fournier jumping ahead of team mates like Vucevic, Harris, and Dipo. Jonas Valanciunas could definitely explode on the scene and pull ahead of Lowry and 'Rozen. MKG could definitely become a star in his own way although he is likely that team's best player already lol. Justise Winslow, oh my god, Justise Winslow could be that next super star in 3 or 4 seasons after Wade, Bosh, and Dragic step down. Similar to Kawhi. Zach Lavine has shown major improvement and could be the Harden of Kat and Wiggins.

Truthfully, it's hard to predict it. No one expected James to turn out this good and it's unfair to say someone like Jonas could become that good. I do think Jonas has all star potential so maybe that's good enough.

Next breakout star is a different question though. I can see Oladipo being that guy. Devin Booker in about 2 seasons. Rudy Gobert. I feel like all those guys can become franchise guys. Young, effective, and under the radar. The recipe to in yo face blow up.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't expect them to jump to be MVP Caliber but to explode to being THE MAN on a team
    the 1 or 1a option

When I see people talking about trading Harden . . . its usually for scrubs or people who are peaking already

I was just wonder who out their is that star ready to burst onto the next level

Rocket River

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Giannis, his game is definitely improving at an impressive rate and he is developing the right kind of attitude