1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who goes first, Dwight or Murray

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

or both?

I feel like there is so much pressure about bringing in big changes..so am wondering, who goes first?

Personally I feel like Murrays time is coming to an end. He made the trades, he fired/hired the coaches, taking out the injuries we went through, its more on Murray than anyone else...

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Dwight for sure. Morey will trade him first to save his own behind.

4. Valen

Valen Member

In most businesses, the one in charge is directly responsible for the mess he creates. Morey build this team so he should be responsible for the team's dysfunction. Any sensible Owner would fire the General Manager, just as any Board of Director would fire the CEO who ran the company down the gutter. Regardless, I just don't see that happening so Dwight will go first.

5. ibm

ibm Member

probably dwight. morey is gonna make the last few trades b4 he's gone.

but i dont care. i think it's time to completely rebuild. that means harden needs to go, too. everyone.

a nice run since harden gets here. the deepest we've had, w/ some luck, since 20yrs ago. not too shabby, really.

but that's probably as far as a harden-led rockets team can go, i suspect.

sometimes i wonder why i am still staying so late and watch rockets games. like many of you, maybe i just cant help it. i still care, but i hate the fact that i still do...

6. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Someone tell this old Jew that GM's of DMorey's caliber are hard to come by these days.

You think it's hard to find a laser 3pt shooter who can defend and get to the hoop? Yeah okay have fun finding a GM.

7. malakas

malakas Member

Dwight.
    But Morrey is definitely in the hot seat. Cyber has said so months before and everything that has happened since has made things worse rather than better.
    I think if Morrey can't get Durant smh he will be fired. Just my opinion.

8. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Dwight. He is too old, and is still asking too much money. Morey still has two or three years left on his contract, and Les still has to pay former coach salary. Les is not a big spending guy as someone who constantly told us. It is not too complex to figure it out.

9. lastreg

lastreg Member

I agree with you. Everybody needs to go.

If Yao/Mac has our current supporting role players, we might have a chance to get the final. But now, our leadership is worse than Y/M era.

10. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

[​IMG]

11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Well, looks like its Dwight :)

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

HAHAHA! Buddy, that's how it should be. Unfortunately, 9 times out of 10 it's a good old boy network and CEOs just get a golden parachute and drift over to the next cushy gig.

We have our scapegoats for the season- McHale & Howard.

13. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Morey has far been from a perfect GM, however I have a hard time believing this mess is entirely his fault. This team has some serious talent, and is seriously under achieving. If anything, for all the people blaming our GM, are there others better out there that is attainable?

Grass is always greener on the other side...

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Im just going to copy and paste my post which I believe in so much in any relevant thread:

You guys are so easy to say its the attitude, effort and what not. Yes, things like that come out but it is not the root of the problem, its just the result of frustration.

If you know basketball you would agree with me on the fact that this is the result of the team system and the way it is constructed.

I think Daryl Morey is one of the best GMs in this league, the way he finds role players and second round draft picks, the way he manages cap space and builds assets for trades are unmatched by any other GM.

Unfortunately, he can also be a curse. I understand the analytics of 3's and under the basket points, but he needs to humble himself and leave that to the coach, instead of choosing a coach to do as he likes. Humble yourself, bring in the players you believe you can get the most out of on good contracts, then get a coach to take care of the way the team plays.

Look at the team that made a run and took the Lakers to seven games. He had Yao and Tmac already, gave up a lottery pick for Battier, assets and picks for Ron Artest, drafted Landry and Brooks pretty late, traded for Lowry, found Von Wafer from wherever, traded for Scola. And that roster was coached by Rick Adelman; they played his system.

This year is a wash, but I hope next year Morey humbles himself and does what he does best, putting a roster together, but leave the play of the team up to an established coach.

1 person likes this.
  15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

It would be a waste to get rid of Howard after it took us so long to bring in another star.
    Let Morey continue to put together a team, but hire a coach who has and will continue to do it his way and let Morey back off once the season starts.

16. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

We as Houston fans, need to boycott the Rockets if Morey is let go.

He has saved Les money, all while bringing talent to this team. We have a premier superstar because of him. That solidifies his spot.

You people are insane if you think we can do better than Morey.

17. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Morey's great, he just needs to have some humility and understand his flaws; he's not a coach, or at former player, leave some basic eye-test to those more qualified.

In regards to asset management, he's premiere. In regards to his intelligence and work ethic, he's tough to top.

He's a great guy, above all. I hope he learns from this, I hope we don't fire him because of this. A team like Dallas would instantly sign him to a deal.

#18 SirIvyLeague, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2019
  18. macho87

macho87 Member

Found morey's CF account guys

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

is there a big enough face palm GIF for this this?

20. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I've been a huge defender of Morey, and I think most of us have with rare exceptions. There were moves he probably could have made in the past, but for the most part he did quite well with the chess pieces he had on his board.

This past offseason, unfortunately, was probably his worst hour. I simply dont see what he saw in Ty Lawson that told him "this guy's the missing piece". His best seasons in Denver were on teams that werent very good, and here he's in an offense where he's expected to hit mid-range shots and create, neither of which he appears very good at. In addition, he really hasnt gotten a true '4' on this team to pair with DH, instead opting for a host of odd fits like Jones and D-Mo. These two moves, along with the lack of personal commitment from Harden, have led to an unprecedented drop off from a team that was supposed to contend this season.

I really expected him to be more aggressive last offseason with making moves, and will wait to see what he's able to do here. Unfortunately, when your cards are laid out as publicly as they are, it puts you at a huge disadvantage. The league knows Dwight is going to opt for FA at the end of the season, and no one is going to give up a ton for a guy who likely will only guarantee staying beyond the end of this season if the team guarantees a max deal, which is going to be hard to get as part of a trade agreement.....