1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who fills the extra roster spots?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Jul 19, 2015.

1. txn

txn Member

That was so long ago. Chuck has lost his quickness. I hope he is still the same. If he can shut down LMA and Blake like he did in the pass... Watch out!!! We are going to the WCF again :grin:

2. Matt Maloney

Matt Maloney Member

The Chuck Wagon is back!

3. malakas

malakas Member

spears reports it now too. As soon as today.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If they are banking on DMo's full recovery and his continued improvement, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jones get traded for a pick and we sign a young big (Al Williams) to fill the last spot.

Terry, Harrell, Hayes, Williams.

5. mockster

mockster Member

I think the Hayes signing is horriable

I love the chuck wagon but man his stats are horriable. He's gonna be equivalent to Joey dorsy. Last season we had smith, DMO and jones rotating at one point.

6. gfromda713

gfromda713 Member

I'm fine with Hayes, he won't play much except the games Dwight sits. It will be nice to have a vet backing up Capela during those games, plus he can be a solid vet in the locker room.

7. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I doubt they trade TJones for a pick. We would lose depth. Harrell showed out in the summer league, but it is not a given that it can translate to getting meaningful minutes behind DMO. + McHale likes to go small at times with his Center (Tjones) knocking down 3 pointers, and Harrell wouldn't be able to fit that bill and he wasn't even a good three point shooter in college.

8. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I could possibly see that down the road but not anytime soon. Still don't know how much DMo can develop, don't know how Harrell will translate.

Plus the money isn't there without sending out Brewer or Beverley.

I think this team stays constructed as is for this season, sink or swim.

Rockets will be in a great position too sign a max deal in free agency next summer with sending out a few players that shouldn't be hard to move if said player agrees to terms beforehand.

9. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Man, people here keep bringing this guy up. Does anybody realize how bad he is on defense? Seems like 99% of the stretch 4's are bad on defense - Patrick Patterson, etc. That's why I was so excited about Josh Smith - a legit defender at the 4 plus he can stretch the floor - on top of that, he appears to be a good defensive rebounder. He was perfect...... Strong defensive big men who can stretch the floor are hard to find - part of the reason Draymond Green is making $17M.

Fun fact - T Jones shot the three at a better % than Ryan Anderson last season. I know, I know - Ryan Anderson is certainly the better shooter. Just thought it was a fun fact.

10. oakdogg

Ryan Anderson is also a PUTRID rebounder for a big man. Before you say "that's b/c he sets up so far from the basket", that only explains his offensive rebounding. His defensive rebounding is terrible. Two years ago (before Asik), he only brought down 3.5 defensive rebounds in 36 MPG. That is not very good. Terrence Jones & Josh Smith would probably be over 5.

11. Sanity2disChaos

Harrell is 10× more active than Jones and scores without the ball, above the rim.He wont need to shoot any 3s. In vision our own Kenneth Faried...

12. thekad

thekad Member

In his last two years playing next to Dwight, Ryan Anderson averaged 5 defensive rebounds per 36 minutes and 4 offensive rebounds. He also shot 39% from three while shooting 8 per 36 minutes. He would be a good fit and is an expiring contract.

13. oakdogg

That's more relevant than the last two years??? Back when he was putting up those numbers, Aaron Brooks and Devin Harris were 20 point scorers!!

I grant you last year was an outlier for his shooting, I'm sure. But that doesn't change the fact he sucks at defense and has really sucked at rebounding the last couple of years. Prove me wrong.

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

powerful post

15. Sino rocketfan

Hayes & Terry.
    Hayes is not Chuck wagon we used to know. He just put on a lot of weight lately and moved slowly as I watched Rockets vs Raptors this season. Dorsey definitely performs better than he does.... I think maybe his role is more likely a tutor of those young talent....
    Still I would like to see McGee or Boozer on this team.

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

I fear the reason for signing Chuck is because of DMo's back. Hopefully, that isn't the case.

17. nemac

nemac Member

Ex Jazz and vivid hair, whats not to like

[​IMG]

18. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Raptors reddit board was saying that he was the stopper to Marc gasol and boogie cousins for them. So he can't be that bad as we are thinking he is

19. Play07

Play07 Member

Faried usually had a big that was a threat with perimeter shooting playing with him

20. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

We should take a look at Michael Beasley. Could play some minutes as a stretch four.