1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who else is going to Yao's debut on Wednesday?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SA Rocket, Oct 22, 2002.

Tags:
  1. SA Rocket

SA Rocket Contributing Member

I got my ticket for Yao's first ever game here Wednesday!! How many others will join me in representing the Rockets and CCNet there? I'll take my cheap digital camera and if I get any decent pics I'll post them now that I've been helped on how to do it. If nothing else maybe I can get some decent arena shots if you guys are interested in seeing what it looks like.

The Yao Era takes another step tomorrow!

YAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

2. declan32001

declan32001 Member

S A Rocket, tickets aren't available on the Spurs website (thru ticketmaster, does not say sold out). I'm in Austin and am relatively new here, if I have to go to S.A. without a ticket I'll hit a broker and do it, but does anyone know how to get Spurs tickets in Austin? This is Spurs country here and I'd think there's some way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

3. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'm going. I'm planning to get tickets there because I'm going with some friends. There are plenty of good seats available when I checked this afternoon.

5. SA Rocket

I left you this memo on another of your posts:

declan,I just got mine at about 5:50 PM. I've been checking the last few days and the same group of tickets keep showing up as 'best available' in whatever price group. I doubt that message you got was accurate. Try this link:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/

Hope that helps. Click for sports,then basketball and you're there. I just tried it again and they have tickets.;)

6. zzhiggins

zzhiggins Member

I guess I will be a walk up too. Its too bad we dont at least have ccnet T=shirts, mabe that can be taken care of next year. I was lucky enough to see Moses Malone in S.A. as a rookie in the ABA. I hope Yao is as good as a rookie as Moses was, at 19, Moses clearly belonged in the pros. This is history in the making.....

7. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I'll see ya'll there

I got $25 tickets and will hopefully move down.

Are we allowed to bring digital cameras? on the SBC center info. at the ticketmaster, it says we weren't allowed to. But I will just incase.

8. SA Rocket

Agree about the ccnet T-shirts. I'll be the one with a Rockets shirt though.:D How about we put masking tape below the neckline and write ccnet on there?:cool:

9. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Thanks SA, that helped. So far I keep getting the sames seats offered (21 rows back behind the basket). I'm in greedy mode at the moment, and feeling Rocket-deprived. I'm going to make some calls tomorrow while still checking your link. Thanks for the help. It may be awhile before I get to Houston to see a game, but tomorrow's just irresistable (an hour's drive). Thanks again, see you tomorrow night!

10. true2Dream

true2Dream Member

Guys,

sorry but I have a co-worker who went to the last Spurs preseaon game at the new SBC center and she was a relatively short lady at 5'2" and was complaining about how the $25 seats have no leg room!!

apparently, a lot of the crowd were complaining as well and it seems that the place was designed strictly for the rich guys who can afford the good seats.......

i was going to go but now that I have heard this then a preseason game is not worth it.......i doubt Yao Ming will be that great or play that many minutes for the first game.

11. SA Rocket

That's very true. It's one of the complaints that's been making the rounds here since the first game,especially from tall people. Supposedly that was the trade off in getting more seats closer to the court(as they supposedly are). The upward slope required them to decrease leg room,or so they said. One guy complained that whenever someone in the row wanted out,EVERYONE in the row had to stand up to let them out. They couldn't just shift their legs. It's OK by me,I mostly go only when the Rockets come to town and usually I start out cheap and move down when the "status" people fail to show or leave early.:D

12. jw1144

jw1144 Contributing Member

I'll be there representing H-town to the fullest. I cant wait to see Yao Ming in person, not to mention the baddest backcourt in the land.