1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want to replace SIlas?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by juanming, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

I also want to guarantee ALL on this board that Curry, Doncic, and Lebron would still be half decent players in this league with or without having Silas for a year as one of five assistant coaches on their teams. Ludicrous the way we give him credit for their Hall of Fame careers. Does Michael Jordan owe his career to an assistant on his first coaching staff. Does Kobe Bryant owe his career to a Del Harris assistant. We’ve all been hoodwinked…..Silas and his staff are awful and the results show up on a nightly basis. Team has no discipline (turnovers galore) and can’t even shoot free throws consistently (or 3 pointers). The 3’s are thrown with zero discipline as we had like 5-7 airballs last night. Time to wake up and realize that bad coaching is the reality and not just excuse it with just the young inexperienced players excuse. Detroit has same issue and they even beat us at home easily the other night.

Dobbizzle and Joe Rocket like this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

We aren't replacing Silas this year unless he quits or gets #metoo or something...

We aren't replacing KPJ and derailing the rebuild unless it's for a star...

We drafted Green and it's disappointing he's more raw than we were expecting but he's a Rocket....

ApacheWarrior, Squirtle and dawesome like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

KPJ looked worlds better than Green in G League.

And that's with Grown Ass Men who play no defense.

So now that team is playing Grown Ass Legit NBA players, defense just makes both look worse.

But KPJ looked much better in NBA last season, what has changed?

HP3, Nook and 18pbr like this.
  4. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Rudy T baby.

buckaroo likes this.
  5. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

It's the landlord, we bustin yo ass with the eviction notice!

6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

He coaches his ass off. He lives, breathes, and dies for basketball and has adopted Houston as his own despite being probably the least likely person on Earth to do that. Plus I’ve run into him a few times outside of basketball and he’s just a good dude. I legit like the guy. Doesn’t mean he’s the right coach.

34to11, D-rock and dmoneybangbang like this.
  7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Anybody you get teaching so many kids this young will be a straw man whipping boy

D-rock and dmoneybangbang like this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Silas was always going to be a rebuilding coach, a garbage tier coach that takes all the heat during the down years that you dump when your team is ready to contend again. We're not done, so let him keep taking the heat.

BigShasta likes this.
  10. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

In all seriousness, I’d love to give Becky Hammon a shot.

D-rock likes this.
  11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Wood didn't sign on for a rebuilding project, he signed on to a reload next to Harden project.

but now he's in one and his discontent shows- the way to fix this according to you is... Play Usman Garuba and Josh Christopher.

Great stuff

HP3 likes this.
  12. TimDuncanDonaut

My google-fu isn't strong on this one, can anyone confirm Stephen's actual current salary? Is it listed in any of the recent 2K games?

One news cited:
    "Houston Rocket's former head coach, Mike D'Antoni was offered a $5 million one-year extension with an additional $1 million per round he won in the 2020 season. Not the same figure, but Silas is assumed to makes at least $3.5 million per annum at Houston."

13. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

Becky Hammon for sure

dmoneybangbang, Bo6 and Joe Rocket like this.
  14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

LMAO you are not the narrator there little one

34to11 and HP3 like this.
  15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Yeah I suggested her in another thread. I think she might be great.

16. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Everything you reply is just irrelevant isnt it. You might as well change your name to "I reply just to reply".

Clutchfans: "Silas's rotations suck, does he even have a system? he overplays vets etc.."

Don Grahamleone: "Duh Silas cant make their free throws for them duh"

LMAO Which one of us is trying to change the narrative here?

Dobbizzle likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

True, but not all whipping boys are created equally.

It would behoove the Rockets to acquire a HC who has already had proven success coaching and actually improving young players.

Like Atkinson with Nets.

And while CF loathes MDA, he also showed ability to coach young players into championship contenders with the 6 Seconds or Less Suns, who were one of the youngest rosters in NBA when he took over.

All he needed was a vet PG in Nash.

Wonder how MDA would use Wall.

MDA is also a proven PG whisperer, both points and rolling bigs LOVE playing for him.

3-D players love him too.

MDA always tries to make the games easy for players.

Not to mention fun as hell.

Dobbizzle and Nook like this.
  18. chance46

chance46 Member

I’m afraid we have a couple more years of Silas followed by a couple years of John Lucas then if we still have quality players we may end up hiring a decent coach. But most likely that hire will be an assistant coach for a highly successful organization. I highly doubt we end up hiring an established and successful coach-they cost more money.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hate is a strong word.

Silas is extremely likeable and we all want the nice guys to have success.

Heck, I lobbied HARD to hire him over JVG and Lucas.

I was wrong and I can admit that.

Silas just does not instill me with confidence. Perhaps because his system is so vague and he gets his best results when injuries force him to use lineups he never would have used or use players he never would have given big minutes.

And his inability to ever close out games or hold leads is concerning, happened even last season before the rash of injuries and before Harden was traded.

His teams always fall apart in 3rd or 4th quarter, its inevitable and we all feel it on game day. If Rockets only get outplayed for 1 quarter we feel like we had a good game.

His hybrid defense that he preached all off season was tabled soon (not soon enough for me) back to what Rockets did best, switch defense.

And for all the platitudes about his offensive genius, he looks even more lost in this area.

And for all the hoopla Silas gets for developing some of the greats of the game early in their careers, Silas actually kowtows to vets.

On a rebuilding team, maybe even purposefully tanking team, this is either incompetence or ignorance.

#139 D-rock, Nov 13, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
  20. Rockets4Life13

100% agree.

especially the marked part is quite hilarious.

Btw he definitely is trying to win games, he’s just not capable of doing so.

Dobbizzle, Joe Rocket and D-rock like this.