1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want to face in the playoffs?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by awc713, Jan 22, 2015.

?

Who do you want to face in the playoffs?

1. Warriors

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  2. Blazers

16 vote(s)
    27.1%
  3. Grizzlies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mavs

24 vote(s)
    40.7%
  5. Clippers

3 vote(s)
    5.1%
  6. Spurs

5 vote(s)
    8.5%
  7. Thunder

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. awc713

awc713 Member

I hope everyone is done feeling butthurt over the Warriors loss. One loss doesn't end a season in January. Sure, we need to make some changes, but so do 28-29 other teams. Red Nation is still going to make the playoffs, and we have half a season more to gel before then.

With that in mind, who do you want to face in the playoffs?

My preferences, in order:

1a. POR
    1b. PHX (don't see any feasible way we play them but ranked them anyways)
    2. DAL
    3. SA
    4. MEM
    5. GS (They have our number this season but I'm still confident in our squad despite the media's overhawking of Harden's pre-game speech. We won the prior 6 match-ups.)
    6. OKC
    7. LAC (They seem to always have our number when we play. CP3 is still playing chess in this league.)

2. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I'll take "teams with a below average defense" for 200, Alex. Would be nice to knock out the Mavs and I think it would be the easiest matchup.

3. Normalus

Normalus Member

Any team but Warriors or Grizzlies. Best matchup has to be OKC or Clippers

4. cebu

cebu Member

I hope we meet the CAVS in the playoffs.

Finals :)

5. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

GS and LAC are the teams that really scare me. we can hang with the rest of them.

6. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

I hope GS. I hope the Rockets get decimated in the Playoffs and it forces the FO to make serious changes (Head coach.) Talk to Howard to just defend and rebound, no more post ups. DMo is your post player now.

However if we want to advance then it's Dal and Por. LMa will be rusty froom injury.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Call me crazy but I'd take OKC.

COACHING absolutely matters come playoff time and Scott Brooks is the only coach amongst other West playoff teams that comes to being as inept as McHale is.

It will be ISO ball from both teams with zero structure. Whichever team gets hot will take the series or conversely if you go cold which Westbrick is capable of, Rockets have the advantage.

McHale will get absolutely creamed and have his dock cleaned by all the other coaches in the West unless Harden goes ham ham. He couldn't handle rook Stotts, he will be destroyed by Kerr or Pop or Rivers etc.

8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

give me those fkn Warriors

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

We haven't beaten the Clippers in like 10 years. Give me the Blazers. Harden needs to shake off the demons like Bruce Wayne got over his fear of bats.

10. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

give me those b*tch ass blazers for revenge

11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

None. We aren't getting out of the first round until Harden gets help and our entire team/ organization gets their head out of their ass.
    We are still miles away from being contenders and I almost feel like if Les and Morey are not going to do anything about it then why waste anyone's expectations and money. 9th seed folks! That's the kind of team Morey is good at building. "Houston Rockets! 9th seed heroes since the days of Hakeem were over." For those who still want to believe in Addition by Subtraction, you are only fooling yourselves after watching the Golden State Games.

12. NotChandlerParsons

Can we play the Bucks? Is that allowed?

13. thedude077

thedude077 Member

14. lalala902102001

Unless one of these teams has some injury issues going into the playoffs at this point I wouldn't call the Rockets the favorite against any of them. We have to play better or this will be another year of first round exit.

15. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I don't care at this point, without some major changes they'll lose to every one of them. Harden can't do it all on his own.

16. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Which ever team is the least healthy ;)

17. JazzLakerHater

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but I really don't think we can beat any of these teams. I just think we are at such a disadvantage with McHale, that it doesn't matter if we're more talented than our opponent. That's how bad McHale is.