1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want to face in the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by TheRealist137, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

Are there other people that are still skeptical about the Texans' elite status?

2. plates300

plates300 Member

as long as it's a home game against the Ravens, I like our odds.

3. liljojo

liljojo Member

I'm not scared of mobile QBs. Our LBs have ridiculous speed, especially Cushing. Just play a lot of contain and dominate TOP.

4. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

My idea scenario would be:

1. Houston
    2. New England
    3. Pittsburgh
    4. Denver
    5. Baltimore
    6. Cincinati

In order for this to happen, the Texans would need to win out and hope Baltimore and New England lose.

Here, Baltimore would have to beat Denver on the road and Pittsburgh would have to play the Bengals for a third time.

Worst case scenario: Pitt and Balt win, which isn't a great assumption. Then you have The Patriots and Steelers beating up on each other in one side of the bracket, and Baltimore, a notoriously weak road team, coming to reliant. Then the Pitt/NE winner has to come to Reliant if the Texans win.

We should all be rooting for Pitt to win their division and Tebow to beat the Pats.

5. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

Oh my bad - I guess if Baltimore and New England lose, and Pitt wins out, it'll look like this:

1. Houston
    2. New England
    3. Pittsburgh
    4. Denver
    5. Baltimore
    6. Cincinati

But for the Texans this makes no difference.

6. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

Oops, I mean:

1. Houston
    2. Pitt
    3. NE
    4. Denver
    5. Baltimore
    6. Cincinati

7. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

I think we can beat any team in the AFC. If I had to chose one team I don't want to face it would be the Ravens in Baltimore. If we get home field throughout I think we can make it to the Super Bowl.

8. ubigred

ubigred Member

Alot of scenarios.... But we don't want to face anyone outside of the Broncos. Be careful what you wish for guys. We are playing a 3rd string QB and a gimpy AJ and Kubes (don't trust him in high pressure situations) . This will be the playoffs. One and done.

After a home playoff loss, I don't want to hear : Well we did pretty darn good this season considering the key injuries.

MAN **** that! I want it ALL! I want the Super Bowl and the easiest route to get there. You have to strike while it's hot. Next year is not guaranteed (harder schedule too)

#88 ubigred, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  9. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

He just led a 3rd string QB to consecutive victories over two teams that are a combined 15-9 in games not featuring the mighty HoustonFingTexans and you don't trust the guy in high pressure situations?

The team is 10-3 and they've had Schaub, Foster and Johnson on the field for roughly a combined 2Qs and you don't trust the guy in high pressure situations?

I don't get it.

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

But we did.

11. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I wont mind facing the Jets, Sanchez is overrated, and would like to shut up Rex Ryan.
    but if we keep the 3rd seed, is nice the texans wont play against NE, Bal or Pitt in the 1st round, and they can get confident already playing one game in Houston in the playoffs.

12. BrieflySpeaking

we needs a poll up in heah

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Jets would beat the texans at reliant IMO. Even with Andre, Jets just stick Revis on him and it's neutralized. Their defense can contain our rushing game, we wouldn't be able to score, and Yates might throw some picks.

We have to root for the bengals to make it.

14. plates300

plates300 Member

bengals are the best bet. texans fans need to root for the giants to win today. no way i would want a rookie quarterback going against the Jets defense.

15. macalu

macalu Member

there's no way i want to face the Jets for the reasons you mentioned. Even if AJ is 100%, history has shown Revis owns him. Sanchez also seems to have our number. Call me crazy but i'll take Pit, Bal, and definitely Cincy. Hell, i'd love the Titans in teh first round.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Doesn't matter. One and done.

17. macalu

macalu Member

not really. our defense is still killer. Flacco and the Ravens suck on the road. Pittsburgh with a hobbled Rothelisburger is good for us. the home crowd definitely gives us an advantage, as long as they aren't taken out by offensive turnovers.

18. Nick

Nick Member

I don't want to play any team that has "momentum".

The Bengals may have that if they beat Baltimore in week 17.

19. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

Well, if the Jets lose to both the Giants and Dolphins, then the Bengals only have to win 1 game to get in. They're beating the Cards handily right now, so they could get destroyed by Baltimore and still get in as long as the Jets lose out. The Dolphins are up 17-0 on the Pats right now so it's entirely possible they could knock off NY next week.

20. Nick

Nick Member

Yeah, but they won't know what the result of the Jets-Dolphins game is when they are playing the Ravens.

They're going to play all-out, and frankly of all the playoff teams right now, they've looked the most consistent these last two weeks (since losing to us).