1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want to face in the first round?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TeamUSA, Mar 25, 2008.

?

Pick one.

1. Lakers

4 vote(s)
    1.5%
  2. Jazz

37 vote(s)
    14.1%
  3. Suns

5 vote(s)
    1.9%
  4. Spurs

4 vote(s)
    1.5%
  5. Hornets

33 vote(s)
    12.6%
  6. Mavs

80 vote(s)
    30.5%
  7. GSW/Nuggets

99 vote(s)
    37.8%
  1. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

It's getting near...

I just want to avoid Phoenix for match up reasons. If Yao is playing then I fear no team.

2. poprocks

poprocks Member

there are no easy teams. If I had to choose, just because, I'd take the Mav's without Dirk. That's even if they make the playoffs.

3. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Picked Jazz. It's payback time. We have 3 excllent PF to stop Boozer. Our PG psition can match up their guards since Fisher is gone.

Most importantly, our rockets will play very motivated.

4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Totally agree. In thsi wild wild west you don't wanna play any team. We still don't know anything about Dirk but if he's out I'd like to face Mavs. If not I'm sure we can beat NO

5. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

Good Matchup:
    Mavs without Dirk / Warriors / Nuggets

Okay Matchup:
    Hornets

Bad Matchup:
    Lakers

Worst Matchup:
    Suns / Jazz /Spurs

6. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I think we will either end up as the 3d, 5th ir 6th seed, and will probably either play the Spurs, the Jazz or the Suns. Of these three I´d prefer the Jazz, just because we match up best against them and we lost to them last year. But they are a really good home team, so we would need a better record. Other than that I think we would match up good against the Mavs (with or without Dirk) and Denver, and would be able to beat NO for their lack of experience. We should beat GSW as well, the only teams that will be really tough is LA (with Gasol and Bynum) and Pheonix.

7. LFE171

LFE171 Member

I'd like to play the jazz or whoever is in the 4th seed/winner of the midwest because we'd have homecourt advantage over them. If we're 3rd, we'd have HC but risk playin against the spurs or suns. No thanks.

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I think we match up good against the Jazz this year too. I pick them.

9. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I don`t understand why the Jazz would be our worst matchup? I mean, sure they rarely lose at home and they have a PG that will give us trouble. But other than that I think we`re fine!

Boozer will always get some rebounds and score some points. But Chuck is actually a really good defender against him. Scola can take on Okur way out at the 3 point line. Noone else is really scary. On the other hand T-Mac can beat Kirilenko everyday, and I like our bench better than theirs. So if we face them and have HCA I think we will be alright.

Nightmare matchup would be LA for sure. Bryant will go off, no matter how good Battier is guarding him. Then they have 2 forces down low which will be hard to contain, Odom at the 3 will be a rebounding monster, and their bench is really good as well. All of our weapons will be guarded by good defenders.

Pheonix would be a little better than the last game showed! In the first half their shooting was just insane. In the second half, if we could have made the right shots at the right time (I`m looking at you Rafer and T-Mac) it was our game to take. Still, with two great big men and 2 really quick guards, it would be really hard for us to win this series!

10. poprocks

poprocks Member

With Yao we would have totally owned the Spurs. But now..not so sure.

11. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I even thinkl without Yao we can fight agains them. But you have to admin they are totally different, a lote better team when it comes to playoffs

12. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

We will find out this weekend.

13. ibm

ibm Member

no, coming playoff time, you don't want to face the spurs, especially early.

14. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

who the hell picked jazz, who on our team can seriously stop boozer or deron williams. i know we all wanna revenge and stuff, but we gotta be realistic, i'd rather play gsw/nuggets in round 1 and jazz in round 2 when we have more confidence

15. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Too bad it will be afternoon game.

16. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Miami!

But unfortunately I don't think it's going to happen. :(

17. jajayao

jajayao Member

My list of preference:

1. Nuggets
    2. Mavs
    3. Jazz
    4. Hornets
    5. Warriors
    6. Lakers
    7. Spurs
    8. Suns

18. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

Jazz just because I want to beat them, but that means we would be in 5th which doesn't bode well for home court. but we could see them in the second round, too.

Best case is we have 1st or 2nd place to start which will give us home court possibly throughout, and we need all the help we can get.

19. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

CAN you do the chicken dance?

20. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Looks like we will have better record after those 12 games left (than Utah). Even if we were 5th we would have HCA because of the record. Jazz are 4th cause they are division leaders.