1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want to draft?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by JMAD21, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Possum

Possum Member

Aw, the fact that you care enough to ask means alot to me. :rolleyes:

LOL

You should learn how to copy and paste. :p

2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Yes I do, lol, but that's beside the point.

I think Bledsoe was ready. Practicing for a year with and against John Wall really helped both Eric and John. Orton was not ready... and still isn't ready. He was drafted on speculation.

I know a lot of people love Terrence's natural talent (as do I)... but he needs more discipline. He's still in the "playing for myself" mode rather than playing for the good of the team. He needs another year, especially if there is a likely lockout.

3. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Wowzers.

4. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

It is obvious that people here know nothing about Euroleague/Eurocup. It's unbelievable to base opinions on draftexpress and nbadraft and to think that's how the Rockets should draft.

Vesely is by far and away better than Valanciunas or Motiejunas. It's not even remotely close. When are people going to grasp that those sites are just hype and nonsense?

They claimed Rubio was the next Maravich and he sucks in Euroleague. They have claimed "next Sabonis" for both Valanciunas and Motiejunas. They are just laughing at all the people that believe this crap and keep giving hits to their website by reading it. People that have never in their lives watched a single Euroleague/Eurocup game.

If the Rockets want to draft a European player then guys like Jan Vesely, Bojan Bogdanovic, and Georgi Shermadini are much better options. I'm not even sure if I would take Valaciunas and Motiejunas over Macvan.

Vesely = great draft pick

Bogdanovic = very good draft pick

Shermadini = great pick if they want a center

Macvan = good pick in second round to store away if they want

Valanciunas and Motiejunas = projects for the future that would be taken in the first round and that may or may not pan out, and that won't help the Rockets in the least bit at all.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Vesely looks like a good attacker. What is his defense and rebounding like?

6. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

His defense is outstanding. His rebounding is solid. It's his offense that needs work. Shooting free throws and creating his own shot. He is mainly a dunker and a guy that shoots open threes.

But he is an absolute athletic freak of nature. Probably more athletic than Blake Griffin is. I have no idea why anyone would want Valanciunas or Motiejunas over Vesely other than this same comedy of fake hype from draftexpress

It's like people forget they said Rudy Fernandez was as good as Ginobili and that Rubio was the next Maravich.

They are just a hype website designed to get hist to generate money. Vesely is from Czech Republic so he generates no hype and no cash. But two guys from Lithuania generate hype because of lots of hits.

Amazing that draftexpress talked about both of them as being "the next Sabonis". It's sad that people actually think draftexpress.com is some kind of legit site.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can I get links to "Rudy as good as Manu", "Rubio the next Maravich" and both bigs "The next Sabonis"?

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Vesely is AK-47's replica. I'd rather have AK-47 in free agency and draft somebody else but if Derrick Williams, Kyrie Irving, and Jimmer are off the board, I'd take this kid next.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks for your input. Another question regarding Vesely. He looks skinny,do you think he can add some muscle on his frame without slowing him down?

10. Rockets_4_life

I think Morey will make a move for Kemba Walker(if his not available at our pick). His a dynamic 6'1 PG, with scoring ability, as well as capable playmaker ...

If you stop and think about it, from all the lottery picks, his the one with better track record by which to evaluate him on. Also the Rockets lost Brooks, an impact scorer and Kemba could easily come in and replace that scoring impact. And we all know that Morey doesn't care if we have 2 other quality PG on the roster, he will pick the best player he believes has the best chance at panning out. Kemba Walker is the ideal Morey type prospect!

11. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Harrison Barnes should be the #1 target.

He has superstar potential mixed in with a 'disappointing' freshman year; meaning his draft stock has fallen. We wouldn't have been able to trade for him at #1.. but if he's around at #5? We need to jump on it.

Kid still needs to add a lot of polish to his game, but he's already proven to be clutch in big situations. This is who we should go after the hardest.

PS: I always think it's funny when fans from overseas bash the draft sites like DraftExpress and NBAdraft.net. I don't see how they could "only care about hype" when their mock drafts are pretty similar to those of NBA teams. Unless you also think NBA scouts are terrible and overseas fans know more than them as well?

If people really thought Rudy Fernandez was better than Ginobli, he would have been drafted (or even mock-drafted) in the top ten and not the late teens/20s like he was.

#131 LongTimeFan, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  12. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

my fear is that another PG would be drafted..hope it's either a SF or Center..this team has bad luck during free agency time so we rely on the draft and trades..bad image by DM of course.

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I've said Jordan Hamilton before, but he hasn't been looking as good lately. He would still be an option if Rocks get Magic's pick.

Terrence Jones has really caught my eye lately. Very active player that gets his hands on a lot of balls on defensive side. Rebounds from the SF position very well. NBA Body. If Kyrie does not do well in physicals, this is the guy that should go number 1. He has all the physical traits to dominate at the next level for a team that uses lots of cuts, likes guys drawing contact, and needs a help defender or two.

14. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Not true. Vesely is way, way, way, way more athletic than Kirilenko is. Not even in the same discussion.

15. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Draftexpress.com is a total joke when it comes to info on European players. Anyone that trusts its info on European players is totally naive and gullible.

16. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can't say I've seen much of Vesely, but Kirilenko in his day, had a pretty freakish length/athleticism combo.

17. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

And you're not the first to say that. But I still don't get it. It's not like DX has been horribly wrong about where players are selected to be drafted -- they're coming up with similar info that almost every NBA team has.

So you saying they're a joke when evaluating international talent is also saying that a lot of the NBA scouts are a joke as well, since they have similar projections. I'm not willing to buy into that.

18. BigBopper

BigBopper Member

enes kanter anyone???

19. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

OHMSS, I don't mean to discredit you at all, as your insight into the international prospects is greatly appreciated. But I've got to side with NIKEstrad on this.

NO ONE ON THE PLANET is "way, way, way, way more athletic than Kirilenko."

Andrei Kirilenko, when he was a young pup, was one of the most athletic forwards to ever play the game. To claim that another prospect--and I really do like Vesely--is SOOOO much more athletic than Kirilenko only makes others less trustworthy of your opinion.

All I'm saying is, maybe just tone down the hyperbole a bit. Otherwise, thanks for the insight!

20. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Those are some big words, but can't seem to bring myself to disagree.

AK's a freak of nature.