1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want to draft?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by JMAD21, Jan 8, 2011.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'll say it again

Alec Burks

the guy has torn up the Big 12 all season, reminds me a lot of tmac plus he is great at getting to the FT line

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Member

Kemba Walker...

Did you guys see what he just did to Pitt???

He makes my D*** wet :eek:

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

No, actually you have not explained it at all. LTF and and aeolous make good points, if someone like Rubio is indeed utter trash why are guys like Teodosic not getting drafted by teams?

Perhaps you are not aware how the NBA works, and you think that all revenue from a certain player gets fed solely to his team. Most of the income in the NBA is shared, meaning if I'm a serbian and I buy a Vujacic jersey, then the money from that jersey gets distributed evenly to all teams. That's why in the case of Yao Ming, the NBA itself is the who benefits from having 2 billion Yao Ming jersey buyers, and not the Houston Rockets. Same thing with TV ratings and all other forms of income. So the logic that NBA teams will prioritize getting a yugoslavian star because his country watches b-ball over ACTUAL NBA talent is laughable at best. Outliers notwithstanding, most GMs prioritize getting players who win basketball games over players who bring hype and marketing to the team.

So yeah, if I'm the GM I'd use my 5th pick to get Rubio because I think he'll be the better player, and not because he'll get some spaniards to watch NBA tv. It doesn't even make sense this way, even I'm a spaniard I won't watch Rubio if he sits on the bench and plays like 5 minutes for the entire season.

4. Baqui99

Baqui99 Member

Kemba Walker was sick today. Him or Jordan Hamilton would be fine.

5. larsv8

larsv8 Member

We have two picks in the first round and guys at each position on the roster that dont get enough time as is.

Dragic barely plays at all at PG, Williams barely plays at wing, Hill at PF and Thabeet at center.

Unless we make a trade, I dont see how we get any rotation players out of the draft. Swing for the fences imo. Those 2 seven foot Euro SFs look interesting. Maybe one turns into the next Dirk?

6. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Enes Kanter

Great potentiol and can actually contirbute immediately

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/H9jpSOVL-zM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Right. You don't know anything about European players, European basketball, or how the NBA scouts players in Europe. You obviously believe a bunch of myths that are not true. Yet, you feel justified in telling someone else that actually knows about it off because they are wrong and you are right.

9. Damion Laverne

Do YOU know anything about that? It obviously seems as though all you've done is attack anybody giving their personal opinion.

10. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Yep, and don't forget that the Rockets also hold the Clippers' second round pick, which should be the #37 or #38 pick overall. That makes THREE fairly decent picks in this year's draft.

Look for Morey to package picks to move up or to include a pick or two in a trade package for a quality veteran. Teams tend to get desperate around draft time and may be willing to give the Rockets better value than they could ever get with one or more of those picks.

11. Rockets_4_life

Man' I'd love to add Kemba Walker to this roster, and I think he may drop given the surplus of PG's in the past couple of drafts, and he also may scare off some GM's with his lack of size.

However I'd love for him to drop to either the Rox pick or the Phx pick, so we can take him! I don't care if we have to move Dragic to a different position or team in the off-season to make room for Kemba!

12. Rockets_4_life

OR Morey could look to trade off some of the veterans like Martin, Scola, Brad Miller (keep Hayes) and completely commit to rebuilding. ;)

13. aeolus13

aeolus13 Member

Burks looks pretty sick but I doubt he's available by the time we pick :(

14. zooch

zooch Member

I say we tank next year badly and try to get Austin Rivers

15. Rockets_4_life

Kemba Walker stat line vs Syracuse

33pts 12 reb 5 ast 6 stls

The guy is a beast, if we draft him I think he can eventually develop into an upgrade over Lowry. The kid has All-Star potential!

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Jimmer has 33 in the first half tonight against BYU's kryptonite team, the Lobos.

17. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Member

Jimmer Fredette and Kemba Walker are nice and all, but how about we draft a center?

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

*clears throat*. He now has 50.

I don't necessarily want us to draft him (wouldn't really complain though). But a big would be nice. We'd have to ship out Hill for some chips.

19. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Member

I think we should stick to the Morey draft plan: draft the best player available. Especially when picking in the lottery, I'd rather us draft the guy with the highest ceiling.

I'm really hoping we're able to trade up in this draft; it seems like a lot of teams do not value this class at all. That should mean the price to acquire the top picks should be less.

I'm praying we go hard after Harrison Barnes or Perry Jones.

20. bread and budin

jimmy jammer.. imagine what his swagger would be like if he didnt have a contract saying he cant have ''sexual relations''