1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want the Rockets to draft?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JD88, Feb 8, 2014.

1. JD88

JD88 Member

Too soon?

Being a huge college basketball fan, thought I might pose the question to the masses.

Now your answer could possibly change dramatically based on trades between now and June 26, but as it stands, the Rockets will be drafting between #22-#28 or so.

Who would you like to see? Back up C perhaps? Willie Caullie-Stein? Should the Rox take a chance on Marcus Smart (a top 5 talent with a D-league attitude)? Maybe a perimeter defender?

Where would you like to see the Rockets improve with young talent?

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Marcus Smart.

knuckle head is going 2nd round. another steal for morey.

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think you can't take position into account. Draft the best player available/ one with the highest upside. With the last few years, I feel like the rockets now have a system with how they want to play. So take a player who's skills translate into our system/ one with upside. Our needs at the draft may be completely different than they are now, and its harder to project them even further into next season. At the beginning of this year most people though PF was our main problem but now it is clearly backup 2/3.

4. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Bogdan dude in the late 1st round. Great shooter coming off screens, has great defensive upside.

Or trade up for Jerami Grant. One of the highest defensive upsides in the draft and can shoot the 3

5. NotChandlerParsons

Was gonna post exactly this. Come to daddy.

6. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

7. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

No way he falls that hard. He's a very very talented player despite that. If he falls out of the lottery (heck even top 10), I will be shocked.

8. JD88

JD88 Member

He shoved a fan tonight.

He'll fall that hard.

9. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Not sure where they would possibly go in the draft,but Payne or McDermott I think would be good for the team.

10. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

11. JD88

JD88 Member

The latest ESPN mock draft has Payne going to Houston.

McDermott is projected #16 so dont know if hed fall that far, but hes Kyle Korver with handles if I've ever seen one.

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

I feel bad for him. The only reason he's not playing for an NBA team right now is because he went back to win nat'l 'ship.

Now OK State is on something like a 5-game losing streak, and dude is frustrated. Pushing a fan isn't great, but I can understand where he's coming from.

13. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Hahaha, I wish. He'll still go top 10.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

If that prevents a team from drafting him, that team is stupid

15. awc713

awc713 Member

people posting marcus smart....do you really wanna have a mid-season collapse and draft in the top 10?

mark my words, i don't care. smart will go top 10 easy.

what happened today will have literally no influence on his draft stock. look that old man up on youtube...guy is a joke. that guy has flipped off other players, and reports are that he was calling smart a racial slur.

if you think marcus smart goes late first round, you have not watched the NCAA this year.

16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Championship contenders should stay away from draft picks. They pick a guy and send him off to a rebuilding team because with a core like Rockets you are looking for a seasoned player.

17. JD88

JD88 Member

Jeremy Lamb and Steven Adams aren't balling out right now.

Hell we could have had Sullinger but our Management never watched a college basketball game before. Back injury? Ha, dude tore it up in college. Unstoppable.

Instead we got...
    Point is there are guys in the draft that can make an impact as role players year 1.

18. GageD

GageD Member

no way smart drops to us but I'd love it!

19. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

The injury he has is a pretty significant injury for a young player. Back problems at such a young age doesn't bode well for him as a player..

20. StandontheLake

The BPA

If the BPA happens to be a 6"7 defensive minded shooter with a long wingspan and sneaky athleticism, falling to the late first round because he lacks 'hops' and is a four year player, that would be cool.