1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

who do you want in the second round?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by awc713, May 9, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Where you played in college isn't always where you play in the NFL....is this new to you? C.J. Mosley was an OLB in college too, but he's an ILB prospect for the NFL. It's very common for guys who play OLB, ILB, DE, or CB to have a different fit in the NFL. OLB's sometimes are ILB prospects, ILB's sometimes are S prospects, CB's sometimes are S prospects, DE's often are OLB prospects.....none of this should be new.

2. Summer Song Giver

Logan Thomas to play TE

3. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Jimmy G, take him. Think the Texans have liked him from the beginning after Bortles.

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Give me Tuitt and Mettenberger, I guess. I'd be happy with that. Although Mettenberger is a knucklehead type who you may not want leading a franchise.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not just on defense where it happens either, sometimes kids play C in college and are guard prospects, sometimes they play guard and are OT prospects, sometimes they are OT in college and are guard prospects. What you did in college is almost irrelevant when you don't fit that position in the NFL.

6. Raven

Raven Member

Don't reach on a QB, take the best player available.

7. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

u can grab mettenburger in the 4th

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Probably in the 7th now, he's got a spinal problem and he failed a drug test on top of the knee recovery and sexual battery charge.

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'm very aware of changing positions from college to the NFL. I'm also aware that it doesn't always work out. When you've played a particular position your whole football career, it becomes natural. it takes adjustment to just switch it up in the NFL. It's okay to have one, now you're going to have two???

10. cdain3

cdain3 Member

Mettenburger is a bum.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Again, you are talking like it would be a rare thing.....most teams will probably draft at least one or two guys who will have to technically change positions to be an NFL player....it's really not as big a deal as you are making it seem to be. The #1 ILB prospect played every snap of his college career at OLB...

Also, it's not a huge move from DE to playing the elephant OLB 30% of the time.

12. kunene

kunene Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2014/03/obrien-says-watt-will-fit-in-well-with-texans-new-defense/#21460101=0

Maybe our nickel front should look like this:

Reed Cushing
    Mercilus Hageman Watt Clowney

I'm thinking Nix has that quickness and size, but maybe Hageman's brute strength, athleticism and size is more effective in this system? I'm not sure. Can't wait to see who we pick.

13. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Marquise Lee is the most talented, he was my #3 WR in the entire draft, then Stephon Tuitt, Ra'Shede Hageman(major bust potential) and Finaly the RT Kouandjio

14. kunene

kunene Member

All those space bars for nothing. I think you guys know what I'm trying to say though.

15. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

And he is only 20 years old

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

YAY. Christmas came early for me this year.
    [​IMG]
    RUN YOU BRAVE MAN. RUN TO THE SIDELINES WHERE THE TRAINERS WILL HAVE OXYGEN, NITRO, AND AN EKG WAITING FOR YOU AFTER EACH SERIES.