1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

who do you want in the second round?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by awc713, May 9, 2014.

1. cardpire

cardpire Member

I think so...I think the Khalil Mack interest was real, so, while it may not appear to be a need position, I think it's one that they have interest in upgrading.

2. HPD

HPD Member

Yo Guido!!!!! Jimmy "Stugotz" Garoppolo

3. Progs

Progs Member

Van Noy would also be a good pick. He is going to be a best in this league.

4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He IS. I think J.R.'s pretty high on him too.

Yeah Remii, I could totally get behind a CB also (It's a need)...Out of Joyner, Gaines, or Jean-Baptiste, whom do you want?

We could likely get Tuitt and move up several and get one of these guys.

5. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

Joel Bitonio

6. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Completely agree. Gotta grab Louis Nix and have an even more impressive defensive front. None of the remaining QBs stand out. And the Texans better not trade for Mallet. That would be a gigantic mistake unless they're trading a sixth rd pick for him

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm not even sure who I want. I think defensive back is a serious need, but so is defensive line. Lance said that Tuitt can be lazy?

8. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

They better draft Cyrus Kouandjio. The kid is a beast. He knocked DJ Fluker out of the LT and over to RT.

Cyrus could start immediately over the rotting corpse of Derek Newton.

9. Remii

Remii Member

Oh yea that kid is a playmaker and athletic as hell...

I want Jean-Baptist. I think he can be a Sherman type player. We need a slot receiver but J-Jo and K-Jax couldn't cover a parked car...

10. Remii

Remii Member

Excuse me I meant we need a slot corner.

11. Remii

Remii Member

Tuitt played injured all year when he could have sat out so I'm not buying that. And any 300 lb dude that can make a diving interception and get up and score a TD and have a 70 plus yard fumble return for a TD is ok by me.

Clowney has the same tag and no one seems to worry about it.

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I would love this.

13. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

I got the following from Gil Brandt Top 10. I'm only listing top 10.

For those interested in trading down, here is draft value chart from Walter.
    Walter Football Draft Value Chart

1. Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
    Hot 100 rank: 20
    Ealy (6-foot-4, 273 pounds) is a very athletic player with great quickness and a lot of upside. He came to Mizzou at 217 pounds; at his pro day he weighed 265. A two-year starter, Ealy had one good year, in 2013, which included a great game against Auburn: two forced fumbles and three tackles for loss. He ran the 40 in 4.69 seconds at his pro day.

2. Marqise Lee, WR, USC
    Hot 100 rank: 22
    Lee (5-foot-11 3/4, 192 pounds) is an outstanding athlete who ran a hand-timed 4.44 40 at the combine and had a 38-inch vertical. He also ran a sub-7.00 three-cone drill at his pro day. He isn't the most advanced route runner. A knee injury and inconsistent QB play held him back last season, but he finished with a big game in the Vegas Bowl. In three seasons at USC he had 248 catches and 29 touchdowns.

3. Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama
    Hot 100 rank: 24
    Measured 6-foot-7 and 321 pounds at his pro day, and ran 5.42 and 5.53 seconds in the 40. Some issues remain concerning Kouandjio's knee, but Dr. James Andrews, the renowned orthopedic surgeon, tried to alleviate them with a letter he sent to all 32 teams, explaining how many years he expected the tackle to be able to play. Kouandjio needs work on his pass protection vs. speed rushers, but is still a good player. If you have any doubt, put on the LSU tape from last year; he was dominating. He had 25 lifts at his pro day but was only credited with 21 because he didn't "lock out" on four attempts. I could see him going as high as 20th overall in the draft. Could be a perfect pick for a team like the Seahawks at the back end of the first round.

4. Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
    Hot 100 rank: 26
    Carr (6-foot-2 3/8, 214 pounds) is the type of player a team might trade up to get if he drops to the bottom of Round 1. He has a very strong arm, which is a plus if you play outdoors in cold-weather cities late in the year. In the past two years he had 87 touchdown passes and 15 interceptions, with a 67 percent completion rate. He ran the 40 in 4.65 seconds at the combine and had a very good pro day in March.

5. Xavier Su'a-Filo, OL, UCLA
    Hot 100 rank: 27
    Su'a-Filo (6-foot-4 1/8, 307 pounds) played some left tackle in 2013, but his best NFL position will be guard. He did not play football in 2010-11 because he was serving on a Mormon mission, but he started all 14 games as a true freshman. He ran the 40 in 4.90 seconds (hand-held) and had 25 strength lifts at the combine.

6. Stephon Tuitt, DT, Notre Dame
    Hot 100 rank: 28
    Tuitt (6-foot-5 1/2, 304 pounds) could be a real steal in the draft. He wasn't as good in 2013 as he was in 2012, but he plays the run well, is athletic and can play end in a 3-4 or 4-3 defense. He has 34 3/4-inch arms and had 31 reps in the bench press at the combine.

7. Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
    Hot 100 rank: 29
    Hageman (6-foot-5 7/8, 310 pounds) has size, power and explosion but lacks consistency, otherwise he would be ranked higher. He might be too tall to play defensive tackle in the NFL but is good enough to convert to end. At the combine, he ran the 40 in a hand-timed 4.97 seconds. He has 34 1/4-inch arms and posted 32 reps in the bench press.

8. Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia
    Hot 100 rank: 30
    There are some questions about Moses' work habits and toughness, but he has outstanding size for the position (6-foot-6, 314 pounds) and very long arms (35 3/8 inches). He played right tackle before moving to the left side in 2013.

9. Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State
    Hot 100 rank: 31
    A three-year player, Jernigan (6-foot-1 5/8, 299 pounds) played as a true freshman in 2011 and started two games in 2012. His quickness allows him to be a very disruptive player, although he is better vs. the run. His hand-held 40 times at the combine were 4.93 and 5.09 seconds.

10. Louis Nix III, DT, Notre Dame
    Hot 100 rank: 33
    Nix (6-foot-2 3/8, 331 pounds) missed much of last season with a torn meniscus and finished with only 27 tackles; he had 50 in 2012. He looks the part of a defensive tackle, with good size, quickness and lateral movement. He ran the 40 in a hand-timed 5.35 seconds at the combine and had 24 bench-press reps at his pro day.

14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I'd be okay with either one of these pics.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Take out Nix and I'm with you.

Nix isn't going to be on the field enough to justify a pick here in my opinion.

16. Remii

Remii Member

Wilfolk and Ngata (who was the best defensive player out the 2006 draft) disagrees with you. I'm only down on Nix because of his knee.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm happy with Nix, Seferian-Jenkins or Carr.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Gimme the fattest, strongest DT available.

19. Remii

Remii Member

I think they may have their eyes on O'Brien's kid out of Penn State...

20. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think we're on the same wavelength here!

Cyrus could be a great bookend for Duane Brown.
    Tuitt or Nix could be the lynchpin on the DL to make that read and react 3-4 front really work. We need a Vince Wilfork-type guy in the middle (Nix?) to complement the Willie McGinest-type pick we just made in Clowney. JJ's got the 5-technique down on one side (Richard Seymour) and Tuitt could do the same on the other.
    [​IMG]

#80 desihooper, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014