1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want for EG+?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Sep 14, 2020.

1. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

If we can get half of Utah's rotation for Eric Gordon, yeah let's do it. I just have my doubts they would be interested in such a deal. Gordon can play but his huge salary makes him worth meaningfully less than three rotation pieces on good contracts.

A more realistic trade to me is a Gordon-Horford swap. Horford's deal is nasty enough that Philly may need to add an additional asset to make us whole - Kormaz/Smith would be good gets, but most likely it'd be a 2nd rounder.

I pray that Tillman is serious about going into the luxury tax now that the repeater tax isn't a looming threat anymore. If he is full of shite, then we are in for a rough offseason

2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Those deals suck....no one benefits from those lousy deals

You see how that works

Easiest thing in the world to do is to criticize

“any A-hole can do it.” Before you say it, look in the mirror first

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. bandwagon

bandwagon Member

Eric Gordon the past 3 years (2017 to 2018 to 2019):
    • FG%: 42.8% to 40.9% to 36.9%
    • PPG: 18.0 to 16.2 to 14.4
    • TS%: 57.8% to 54.9% to 51.0%
    • PER: 15.2 to 12.2 to 10.3
    • VORP: +1.3 to +0.4 to -0.5
    Eric Gordon is a 32 yr old with 3 more years and $55M remaining on his contract. You guys are delusional if you think he has positive value in the trade market. There's not a single team in the entire league that will want that contract.

Rudyc281 and ThatBoyNick like this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

His value is like negative 5 my dude.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Gordon for Horford is one the few deals I could see. It would have to be an equally bad contract, or significantly worse players.

DVauthrin, joshuaao and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

If that’s the case I rather have Kevin Love.

7. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

In your fantastical deal, Utah gives three very productive players on good deals for one player that is getting paid entirely too much. I hope that you are right and we somehow get a deal so good, but there is nothing that suggests such a deal is available to us. Do tell if you have some insight here that I am missing.

As for the Gordon-Horford deal, it is a reasonable framework for a deal because it involves two overpaid, yet productive players that would immediately fill a role on their new team.

Philly benefits because EGo provides spacing around their two stars and gets paid less on a yearly basis.

Houston benefits by getting a guy who can space the floor, pass on the move, guard big men in the post, and is quick enough to stay with wings on the perimeter.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think I’d rather have Horford for defensive purposes, Horford is one of the few players who have enough size to hold centers as well as enough quickness to hold most wings well enough.

That being said, I don’t see why the Cavs would have any interest in Gordon, Love is the better player, bigger name, and they are in no rush to shuffle cards for old role players. They would probably look for picks or young talent, and we don’t have any.

The 76ers I could legitimately see, Horford has voiced displeasure with his role, the organization is a mess, they need more shooters/scorers, have very little need for Horford with Simmons, Embiid and Harris in the front court.

Gordon has 3 years 60 mill left, Horford 3 years 80 mill left, but his last year is only 14 mill guaranteed, meaning he’s only owed 66 mill. Both players have been disappointing this year.

Houston needs more size, while maintaining our ability to switch, Horford offers that, as well as a respectable 3PT shot to keep the floor spaced.

I’d probably do a Gordon Horford swap at this point, it could be a win win situation.

#88 ThatBoyNick, Sep 15, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  9. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

BOS: Marcus Smart + Robert Williams
    BRK: Spencer Dinwiddie + Jarret Allen
    CHA: Cody Zeller + CLE 2020 2RP
    CLE: Larry Nance Jr + HOU 2022 2RP
    MEM: Justice Winslow + PHO 2020 2RP
    IND: Myles Turner
    MIN: James Johnson + MIN 2020 2RP
    NYK: Bobby Portis + CHA 2020 2RP
    ORL: Aaron Gordon; Include: Danuel House
    PHO: Kelly Oubre

Rudyc281 likes this.
  10. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

An Al Horford for Eric Gordon swap benefits both the Rockets and the 76ers. The Rockets get their stretch five that can hold his own on defense, and the 76ers get a much needed floor spacer to give Simmons and Embiid more room to operate.

raining threes likes this.
  11. raining threes

Sign Olynyk in FA and trade Gordon for Aldridge. If that doesn't work do the Gordon for Horford deal and make Philly throw in a 1st.

12. raining threes

I would do the Holmes for House deal in a heartbeat.

13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Guess you haven’t seen Horford contract. Your Monoply money works in fantasy world; but not the NBA

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y5u5wq24

And you want them to add payroll to sweeten the deal. Stick to your day job.

14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

In order for me

Indiana deal
    Orlando deal
    Minny deal

Bearius Jones likes this.
  15. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Look man, for any trade to go through, two things need to be true:
    1. Both teams need to be interested in the value they are receiving
    2. The deal must be legal under the NBA CBA
    Utah is a small market team trying to compete. They want cost-controlled, quality wings. They do not want overpaid combo guards. You have failed to explain why they would give up three quality rotation pieces just to pay Gordon $17/18 MM a year. I'm all ears - please help me see what I'm missing here.

As for my proposal, Gordon for Horford is the framework of the deal. In the previous post, I outlined why each team would be interested in such a deal. You just need to do some cap gymnastics to make it a legal deal (despite his stout frame, Daryl is the best at this type of gymnastics).

Horford makes $27.5 MM in 2021. To match his salary, you need to get to $21.92 MM (125% + $100k).

Eric Gordon makes $16.9 MM in 2021. Danuel House makes $3.7 MM in 2021. Chris Clemons makes $1.87 MM in 2021. Together, that is enough to take on Horford's deal.

And due to the bevy of trade exceptions we got from the trade deadline deals, the largest being the $3.6 MM exception from the Capela deal, we would be able to take on someone like Zhaire Smith without sending additional salary back.

16. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

I like that order.

Boston deal would be nice but how Smart has been playing these playoff, not likely Boston makes that trade.

Larry Nance would make for a good small ball center.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Still coming at my while pulling crap out of your @&$ and calling it gold.....it’s still s##t

I asked you for a better deal. My deal worked thru the trade checker. I used every team. Checked
    Rockets with each team. Rockets in 3-team trades. And you give me a crap deal that doesn’t even work.

Jazz losing Jordan Clarkson and Mudiay. I guess you didn’t read that part of the post. So they have to
    go at guards in free agency. What player is going to Utah through free agency. With Conley getting $30+M.
    None. They will be a crap low level player since they already went through a few like George Hill, etc.
    No vets want to go there. Jazz best bet is draft one......or take a guy like Gordon in trade Get other SF’s.

Two of the three players are dirt cheap contracts.....Niang and Royce O’Neale. They should consider it.
    Those small contracts can be put in to other SF’s. The quality of Guard facilitation by Gordon may not be
    as easy to find as a spot up shooting SF.....or two.

Matter of opinion.

#97 ApacheWarrior, Sep 15, 2020
  18. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

[​IMG]

You still can't explain why Utah would accept your deal. You probably never understood how the CBA or trade exceptions work. So what are you doing in this thread still?

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  19. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

We all know he will be traded for...
    [​IMG]

Edit. Luxury Tax Savings. Smh

#99 BHannes2BHonest, Sep 15, 2020
    Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Exactly the way I feel.

Next time I ask for you to give me a better deal......make one that actually works.

I can say Eric Gordon for Steph Curry; but if the numbers don’t work.....don’t waste my time.

I’m losing Basketball I.Q. points talking to a dunce like you.