1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you prefer calling the games with Bill? Drexler or Bullard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YouCompleteMe, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

I would much rather the producers erase Bullard and Clyde all together. They put me to sleep. I also think I'm the only one here who thinks Calvin's voice is annoying as hell.

Bill's cool as lusual. He sounds like some guy from an old vintage video of an NBA game from the 70's or something.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

DaDakota should be calling the games, he is better than either of them.

Real talk !

;)

DD

3. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

. . . lolz

4. jw1144

jw1144 Contributing Member

Of course Murph was the best. Out of Clyde and Bull, I go with Bull. Maybe because I actually like his homerism.

Did anybody else grow to like Van Chancellor a lot before he left? He made me laugh...

5. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Clyde because he is fam. Horrible fam, but fam anyway

6. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

Yes! Bring back Van Chancellor! You can at least play a drinking game when he commentates. "High Post Screen" and "3-Ball" are the drinking phrases.

7. Homey the Clown

8. Toast

Toast Member

Hall of Famer Calvin Murphy

9. limitlessRox

limitlessRox Member

This is the reason why I'd refer Bull, as stupid as he is sometimes...

10. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

11. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

Van Chancellor!

It was excruciating to listen to him at first, with that drawl, but he really grew on me. Very knowledgeable of the game. More-so than Bill, Bull, or Calvin.

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

drexler hands down for me. bill is homer enough for me drexler at least gives me chuckles when watching the games

also the bulls eye at least to me is so dang long takes like 3 minutes to explain a 10 second play that is pretty obvious. bull is a great guy but his homerism along with forced jokes cause too much of the same thing in the broadcast. bill probably prefers Bull himself compared to clyde though.

never really got a chance to listen to calvin out here first year i was able to get league pass/watch games online regularly was the van chancellor year.

also i wouldnt mind van chancellor back either.

13. Prince

Prince Member

Bullard but sometimes he's so freaking biased.

14. Prince

Prince Member

AGREED.

As long as you don't only cover one person. ;)

15. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

If it has to be one of the 2, I'd say Clyde cuz he can at least make me lol, but not Bullard.

16. wyo-ming

wyo-ming Rookie

the most info came from van chancellor BUT THAT HILLBILLY TWANG HURT MY EARS, CALVIN WAS GOOD ALSO & very smart kind of goofy w/ that whole cookie thing also jon barry was good w/ espn what about brent barry

17. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

the lesser of 2 evils would be Bullard but hes not more knowledgable he just conveys it better than Clyde, which isnt saying alot

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...seriously, who makes the decision as to who commentates those games? I like Bull and Clyde and they are good for the organization, but as commentators they are really really bad....I would argue that at least 75% of the league has better commentators judging by NBA league pass. I think we deserve better.

I'm not a huge Worrell fan, but he can stay because he seems about par for the course for the recap/play by play guy...but the Bull/Clyde part is really awkward like Clyde Frazier in New York - that's New York as in one of the the worst run franchises in the NBA, New York who's commentating is on par or maybe even better than ours. Just saying...

19. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

i agree about bull and clyde, but worrell is huge for us. fans all around the NBA admire his commentating. though they might not know his name, i guarantee "errbody" knows the voice of the houston.

20. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I'm just about done with both. Bring back Calvin or go find someone new. There was a time I used to think that Bullard was better, but sometimes I'd rather listen to Drexler since its easier to tune out his ridiculous comments like as background noise.