1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who Do You Dislike More - LeBron or Dirk (the Mavericks)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Manny Ramirez, May 25, 2011.

?

Who Do You Dislike More?

1. LeBron "Queen" James

128 vote(s)
    70.7%
  2. Dirk and the Rest of the Mavericks

53 vote(s)
    29.3%
  1. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

You need to take a hike up I-45 north bro. You sound like a trollin Mavs fan.

2. Steve_Francis_rules

I like Lebron.

I have always disliked Dirk until watching him knock out the Lakers this year. That was so much fun that I actually started to like the guy a little. As we move further from the end of that series, though, it's starting to fade.

3. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Used to hate Dirk, but then he got tricked into marrying a washed-up old golddigger who put a soccerball under her shirt.

How do you hate someone that naive?

4. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

After the "decision" I really started to dislike him, but he has won me over yet again. The guy is just too damn good.

When I was growing up Jordan was the man and one of my biggest regrets is not cherishing every moment I watched that guy step on to the court. I have made sure to not let that happen again. I want to grow up and be able to tell my kids that I got to watch LBJ in his prime because we all know he is going to be talked about for years after he retires....same thing with kobe.

These guys are really easy to hate because of how good they are, but you just have to get past all that "dislike" so you can start to appreciate how good they really are.

1 person likes this.
  5. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

I'd also like to add that I am awed by LeBron's game. Almost flawless. I just don't find reason to hate that aspect of him.

As far as that dumbass soap opera of his is concerned, it's a "love the sinner, hate the sin"-type situation. It's something that can be eventually forgiven.

He'll win eventually; I just like to see him be humbled for a little while. Along with the legions of people in line to get on their knees to fellate him as well.

6. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

As long as you move to miami

7. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I don't dislike either. I hate the Mavs though so I'll be rooting for Miami. I still don't get why so many people dislike LeBron, it's almost like a fad. He chose to go to a better team that gave him a chance to win. The ESPN show was a mistake, but other than that I don't think he's done anything to make me dislike him.

8. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

I don't dislike LeBron or Dirk. However, I do dislike the Dallas Mavericks.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am still holding out hope that the Bulls can turn into clutch city v.2.0.

10. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

Don't feed the troll.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

LeBron's going to be dancing all over you haters soon!

12. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

I never really liked Dirk that much but my respect for him has gone up a bit after watching this post season.

13. showtang043

showtang043 Member

I really struggled with this. Mavs are a hotshot team and have a chance at stopping Miami. But they ...Dallas... I could just never root for them being in Houston. Fact is, Dirk is not a cocky player, he is dedicated to his craft, and commands respect with his skill. I am also a fan of Kidd and Carlisle. But, its still the Mavs, so as a whole(especially Terry) I just don't like them.

On the otherside you have this hypocrite, misleading, guy who talks in 3rd person about himself, Lefraud. Yea, I just literally have no respect for the guy and the way he approaches the game, despite his admittedly distinctive talents and athleticism, I just could never root for him.

I am hoping OKC or Bulls could take out Miami, but doesn't look likely, I will choose MAvs to get it done and just remember we are still one title up on them. So I will never say go Mavs, but just Beat the HEAt.

14. Steve_Francis_rules

How is Lebron a hypocrite? I have to admit, I haven't heard that one before.

15. Mr. Space City

[​IMG]

16. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

I don't know. I'm so confused.

17. showtang043

showtang043 Member

I don't think much of the hate is because of how good he is, or jelousy as he would like to think. I am not a fan of him, but more so of his antics and perceived character. I admit, with his toolset, he could change the game in a unique way and we havent seen a physical specimen like him in the league's history. I don't have a problem with that.

I have a problem with him dancing in the sidelines, and then saying when others were cheering a blow out, it is disrespect.

I have a problem with him choosing 23, marketing LJ23, and then retiring it when he knew he couldn't compete, but saying he did it because he is a student of the history of the game, thats it. So of course, he changes to 6(bill russel,julius erving, apparently he didn't study that much?)

When he speaks in 3rd person

When he said the decision thing was racist. If it was anything to do with black, you had another black guy(KD) who handled it humbly, and the world fell in love with that guy. If a white, red, blue, or yellow guy did what he did, he would get burned, he is just full of excuses.

You do realize he started marketing his 'decision' 2 years before in the offseason saying to mark your calendars, this is while he was under contract for a team for 2 MORE years.

If he is such a great teammate like what he says(they determine by his assists rate), then how does he go about saying statements along the lines of it doesn't matter who is on the court, just put 5 guys and i'll give them a chance after a playoff press conference, that will hype your teammates up.

The infamous crab dribble which he always says he doesn't travel. You tube lebron travel, and you will see numerous cases, and if you can find interviews, you can see him in denial time after time.

Overall the way he carries himself, check my stats tshirts, the fact he came into the league and said he wanted to be a billionaire(nothing wrong with that) first before anything about being a great player, so its normal, but we admire the guys like kobe who are obssessed about the game(he gets his money too) but these guys were just born to play, lebron seems that this his avenue for fame and commercials, he even stated hoops wasn't his first love. ITs not a big deal, but to some of die hard hoop fans, it means something.

Ok, I cold go on but ill stop myself, winner is nobody, I just want heat to lose

2 people like this.
  18. sinobball

sinobball Member

this poll is racist!

19. SacTown

SacTown Member

The bottom line is that none of you would hate Lebron nor Dirk if they were on the Rockets. You would own a few of their jerseys.

20. SacTown

SacTown Member

Agree 100%. But, if you think about it back in the 90's everyone around Houston hated Jordan the same way and many people claimed Hakeem was better than him. It's just status quo to hate the greats if they aren't on your team.