1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do we draft if we get the #1 pick?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Legendary21, Apr 4, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

What would you rather have next year? A big 2-gaurd who can hit consistently or ANOTHER PF who will just clean the trash and RB with no outside shot?

We need shooters to surround/support T-Mac on the outside. Yao can handle the inside himself.

2. Legendary21

Legendary21 Member

He didn't say Roy wasn't top 5.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Brandon Roy.

Why mess around with the #1 pick?

Many #1's taken on potential---or near-#1's---are so often busts, or, at least, take too long to develop.

We aren't drafting Tyrus Thomas, LaMarcus Aldridge, Joakim "The-NBA-is-Boring" Noah, et al.

Van Gundy hates Euros so drafting Bargnani isn't likely, unless he just stuns NBA scouts and execs with his workouts.

Try this:

Bargnani. The next Dirk? Or the next Tskita?
    Tyrus T. The next KMart (who's good but just doesn't match that contract)? Or the next Swift?

One way or the other we would find a way to draft Brandon Roy. Hell, take him with the first pick if you're not sure where he'll fall in the draft. People don't see it I guess; he'll be the next Manu Ginobili (with or without the flopping).

And since we have Vassilus Spanoulis coming to camp, Luther Head, despite his good 3 point shooting, might be a goner. I'd look to package him with Swift to a team like Atlanta (if Al Harrington can be persuaded to play for us). Try to get Osterfat or Kandi as a backup center.

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I have yet to see an updated mock draft that has Roy or Gay in the Top 5, some have them at #5 but none have them going before then.

I like Carney, but there is NO WAY he is a top 5 pick. He will be very lucky to be a Top 10 IMO.

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Yes, I would definitely like a big-2 guard that can shoot the ball, but I wouldn't want to spend a #1 overall pick on one. Especially on ones that aren't Top 5 picks to begin with.

BTW, when you say a big-2 guard that can CONSISTENTLY hit, you don't mean guys like Gay or Carney do you?

6. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

What would ya'll think if the Rockets traded this pick (prob #10) for a bit more polished SG. I'm not sure who is available, but we don't need an amazing player just a solid starter/role player.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Trading the pick ie the 8th to 10 won't get us a solid SF/SG because of the lack of talent in this draft IMO.

8. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

lamarcus aldridge. i gotta root for my fellow longhorns!

9. DJ Naztorious

DJ Naztorious Member

Osterfat is retiring.

10. Since75

Since75 Member

I'd trade down to Golden State #8 for Richardson, take Foye with the 8th and give them the 32nd pick.

Yao
    Tmac
    Radmonivic?/Swift/Howard
    Richardson/Head
    Foye/Rafer