1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who did Refer piss off?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Possum, Feb 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Is the ability to run an offense one of them?

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Still no comment from Rafer?

3. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

He POed Houston Rockets fans who wanted a quality PG.

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Two assault charges and a DWI in 2 years.

5. somenobody

somenobody Member

Agree!

6. somenobody

somenobody Member

He is not bad. He is averaging 37% on FG and has a fair number of assists.

Anyway, I will take my hat off to him.

7. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Maybe Rafer told Tmac the Rockets were trying to trade him.

Maybe thats why Tmac went to that douche and told him he was getting surgery.

That might have pissed off Morey.

I don't really care.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Let's be frank here. If giving 100% was name of the game then All Star teams would feature Ryans Bowens of the world. This is BASKETball and at some point it comes down to making baskets, which Rafer could hardly do.

I would rather have Rafer giving 75% and making more than 40% of his shots.

I will give you 150% everytime I step on the court, but you would never want me taking shots on your team, would you?

I am just glad that Rockets finally took action after giving a free pass to Rafer year after year.

9. love

love Member

where there is rafer bashing, there will be zboy :D :D

10. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

and which one actually sentenced him guilty?

11. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

Is it possible that T-mac's decision to have 'surgery' could be related to this trade? He always seemed to like Rafer according to the media reports I have seen. Perhaps he felt like this was not something that was going to help the team this year so he might as well stay home instead of being labeled with yet another first round playoff exit.

My instinct tells me that I might be too far off from one angle of the truth. I don't think his ego could stand another early exit given the pieces that were added to help him out. Sweet justice would be for this team to play with heart and make it to the second round.

It's a damn shame that the T-fluff marshmallow man has gone from having value as a superstar to having value as an expiring contract.

12. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

never heard that one before...

13. Possum

Possum Member

Exactly! I think some people have missed the point of this thread. Ive never heard comments like these from Morey in this type situation. Refere a veteran starter for a 50 plus win team the last 4 years gets traded for a 3rd year backup on one of the worst teams in the leauge and the GM says “We do feel like Kyle is an upgrade as a player,” Morey said. “We feel like we have a better mix to help us win.”. What does that say about how he feals about Refer? Why all the sudden the attitude towards Refer? He has stood up for Refer in the past, what has changed? I want to know dammit! I caint wait until this story comes out.