1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who deserves to be in the playoffs more...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by okaylam, Apr 20, 2005.

1. okaylam

okaylam Contributing Member

Fighting for the 8th spot is Cleveland and New Jersey in the Eastern Conference...I think because of Lebron's tremendous leap from his rookie year he deserves to make it to the playoffs...screw Vince Carter and his I didn't try hard quote...

2. sm0d

sm0d Contributing Member

I would love to see New Jersey make it. Vince Cater and Kidd have been on fire as of late. IIRC, Nets have won 14 of their past 18 games. TT.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i have animosity that has not completely subsided from the eddie griffin trade for the Nets, but i think they would give the heat a harder time in the first round and tire out Shaq. So im not sure who deserves it more (probably Lebron) but ill be rooting for the mini knicks (nets)

4. okaylam

okaylam Contributing Member

Lebron as a rookie:
    Shot 41% and 29% 3pts
    He averaged 5.5 boards, 5.9 assist, 1.65 steals, and 20.9 pts.

Lebron this year:
    Shot 47% and 35% 3pts
    He averages 7.3 boards, 7.1 assists, 2.21 steas, and 27.1 pts.

At this pace who knows where he may be next year. Maybe the Cavaliers will get a better supporting cast to take some pressure off Lebron...

Lebron = next Jordan?
    Some people have began to believe this...Just need a couple more years and a couple championships...:confused:

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Hmm... at that pace he will:

Shoot 53% and 41% 3pts
    Average 9.1 boards, 8.3 assists, 2.77 steals, and 33.3 pts

(that is using a linear increase, rather than a % increase method)

Might even make the playoffs ;)

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Back on topic:

New Jersey certainly deserve it FAR more.

They looked gone early in the season. No hope of contending for a playoff spot at all.

Somehow they managed to land Carter for very little, Kidd got fit and then the wins started rolling in.

On the other hand, Cleveland were riding high, contending for a top 4 finish - but then they landed on the big snake near the end and have slid all the way out...

Hopefully either New Jersey win tomorrow, or Cleveland lose and the Nets get that playoff spot they deserve!

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I want NJ to make it. I am tired of all the James hype, having an extra couple of weeks with out his name in the news would be nice.

8. Asian Sensation

Whoever makes it deserves to be there more. I am indifferent as to who makes it. Although watching Jefferson come back and running on the opposite side of Carter with Kidd running the break sounds awfully amusing.

9. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I am curious to see what Kidd, Vince and possibly RJ can do against Miami. So I hope NJ makes it even though I am a big LeBron fan.

10. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

first i wanted the cavs to get in the play-oofs, but since they fired Silas i hope they do not make it into the play-offs.
    i hope that the nets make it.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I want whoever fires a fairly successful coach in mid season to fail.

Also, something in me wants to see a kid who sign a 100 mil. shoe deal BEFORE playing a single NBA game to fail, or not to succeed so fast.

12. foodworld

foodworld Member

Cleveland doesn't stand a chance against Miami. Last night, their first unit of Lebron, Gooden and Z almost lost to the end of the Celtics bench in the fourth quarter before they were saved by biased officiating (Okay, I'm the biased one.)

That being said, I'm predicting an NJ loss and Cleveland win today. NJ deserves it more... but I think with all the great basketball they've been playing they'll have a let-down game.

13. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Won't matter - they're both going to be dust-offs for the Heat.

The Cavs are easily the shoddier team at the moment; their new owners have done a fantastic job disrupting the squad. On the other hand, I just can't root for a team with two guys that have been more interested in getting themselves moved than the well-being of the team.

I have a feeling the Celtics may play a lot harder tonight. One, they aren't exactly buddy-buddy witht he Nets, two, no one wants to lie down for another team twice in a row to finish the season.

Evan