1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who could we realistically trade for to turn us around?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James Hardashian, Jul 18, 2016.

1. ballgame

ballgame Member

I've said all along Harden needs a true running mate. Gay or Dragic would fill that role perfectly. But for us to upgrade the roster, we would have to hang on to Ariza to upgrade the roster.

Brewer, DMO and a #1 for Dragic or
    Brewer, DMO and a #2 for Gay

Either way I don't think DMO is coming back with Anderson, Nene and Beasley on the roster. So, I think we use him in trade.

2. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

Agreed completely

3. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

At the very least we need someone to secure boards because Nene, Clint and Ryan Anderson aren't going to cut it...We had Dwight last year and we sucked on the boards

GSW shot lights out but nearly lost twice due to a massive rebounding disadvantage

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

When I see the thread title, which includes the word "realistically", and then I see Blake Griffin mentioned, I don't know if I should smdh.

A healthy Blake is a stud. Great passer for a big. Scorer. Rebounder. I would worry about whether he'll start to break down. Maybe the Clippers want to cut the cord with all the off-court b.s.; but they won't give him away (especially to a WC team), even if they don't want to pay him the beaucoup dough-re-mi next year.

Didn't Cod say our pie-in-the-sky targets were Okafor and Cousins? Not that they're "Birds", mind you...

5. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

I would consider a Brewer for Moe Harkless Trade. Maybe even Ariza for Moe Harkless straightup. His QA is 4 million if we can offer him 8 to 11 million I think we could do a sign and trade for that 3 or 4 year deal. He plays D, can stick the open three occasionally, moves well with out the ball. Yes, I know That would be over paying but this is the day and age we live in. Aminu makes 7.5 I think Portland considers him the better value and they may be right, I just see Brewer Sucking worst this year and Ariza may be getting long in the tooth, but i would like to keep him around. See if they go for Brewer, but max out offer at Ariza. Plus Portland has in my opinion over commited at the SG position by giving Crabbe and Turner 18 and 16 mill a piece.

#85 ballplayer, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  6. Le$$

Le$$ Member

[​IMG]

Just do it. Lets get gay :)

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

This looks to me like a rebuilding year. We picked up some guys to have a respectable playoff run while Morey frantically starts moving the chess pieces again to get that third, and now second, star. I don't expect to see a quick fix.

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

That's my concern. What is the long term plan for DMo? IMO, at 4 years $80 million, we've committed to Anderson. He is not a trade asset at that level....he's your starter for the next 2-3 years. And you're not going to play Anderson and DMo next to each other for any significant length of time.

So I agree....I don't see the fit here from a team building/roster management standpoint. If you keep DMo, where is the time for Beasley, how are you going to give development minutes to Harrell (and eventually Onuaku), and when are you ever going to play small ball with Ariza or Dekker at the 4?

That said, I think positioning yourself as keeping DMo gives you more leverage in SnT negotiations.

9. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

"Andre Drummond cant shoot so hes not as good as roy hibbert"

Your logic

10. omgTHEpotential

We don't need to trade anyone. We can outright sign him.

Baron Davis.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Strange rebuilding year to lock up two role players with the rest of our cap space on long term deals.

The Morey strategy is over.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

DD salivates

13. basketballholic

That is your twist. I don't agree with that. You are making up stuff.

14. jogo

jogo Member

I'm pretty high on Harkless and Aminu. Don't know if they're obtainable but I think they could help solidify our D somewhat on the perimeter.

15. hlcc

hlcc Member

People keep saying Paul George,,, how the hell is Paul George a realistic target? Even assuming he is on the block, plenty of other teams can come up with far better trade packages.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The cap space was employed to lock up Harden on an extension. Seems like when it was obvious the transformational players like Durant weren't coming, Morey switched to Plan B -- lock up Harden long term, pick up respectable vets, and bide your time for an opportunity. Agree it's not very inspirational.

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I'd much rather lock up our star longer than worry about 9 million in extra cap space on someone that may or may not work out. I like that the Rockets chose this route.

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Did you realize that we are actually closer to the 76ers than the GSW?

So sometime its not about who you can choose to offer, its more likely of whom you want to overpay for the Rockets, just like majority of the mediocre teams in the league now.

19. Mr. Clutch

Harden was only $10 mil more the next two years then we got him for one extra year at the max.

What I'm referring to is Ryno and Ego. Those two contracts = 1 max slot for 4 years.

20. Mr. Clutch

Yes but we could have offered shorter term deals so we can maintain flexibility. We have almost no ability to get new pieces now. This is the core until harden is a fa.