1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

who can make last shot?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BruceHR, Dec 30, 2008.

?

who can make last shot

1. Yao

45 vote(s)
    25.7%
  2. Tracy

75 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Ron

71 vote(s)
    40.6%
  4. Other

43 vote(s)
    24.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tobe

Tobe Member

if tracy is healthy, he has to shot it....but at this moment i have to say Yao. Ron is just to crazy and select the wildest shot on earth!

2. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

I am not optimistic about tmac, his health seems will never 100% healed, he will suffer left knee's sore a long time, but I wont deny tmac is offensive.. Now I think our leader is Ron only on the court, Yao can only be 2nd important among the team; tmac is out of shape, he can hardly jump at present.

Resign Mutombo as our locker room leader, he can help Rockets now..

3. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

If you're talking about the last shot in yesterday's night, I wouldn't have it any other way. I would want Yao shooting that shot, and I would expect him to make it. He should have made that shot and would have made it if he wasn't just completely unfocused and out of it yesterday. I love Yao to death, but if he had bothered to show up at the basketball court yesterday, we wouldn't have even needed that last shot -- and even if we did, he would have made it easily.

4. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

For me, the ball in Tracy's hands to make a play to hopefully get Yao a high % shot. I go by the percentages, that's why I say give Yao the shot.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

ron can't create his own shot if shot seconds are ticking down (remember that pathetic attempt v. portland). he can only spot up. you don't ask him to iso late in the game.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The key is not getting down to ONE shot against a crap team like the Wizards.

DD

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

tracy still got 7 dimes tonight (should have been more). he doesn't have to shoot for the last shot (hell he doesn't have to). the point is he's our best playmaker and at those times, we need plays. we get more options with tray having the ball than any other player. tracy can get a shot for himself (the one right before that to cut it to 2 and it only took him a few seconds to release it) or create for others (which is something he can do in his sleep)

8. Seth

Seth Member

I would go on a brooks, Scola pnr, with the option to dish inside to landry.

If Scola is open he shots de midrange, if not Brooks has the lane and if he is closed near the rim Landry is open for the dunk.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

wow I never knew Will Smith made a basketball movie.

11. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

but remember that shot that yao took against the twolves a couple of weeks back, and even against the blazers?

12. Mr Chuck Norris

Ball needs to be in McGrady or Brooks hands

Shot needs to go to McGrady, Brooks, or Alston, Artest needs to get ready for the Put-back incase on of them miss

13. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Personally, I'd put the ball in Brooks hands. One reason is that he WILL get open on an inbounds play. Second, he can create off the dribble like no one else on the Rockets team.

14. Tmacfan0115

Tmacfan0115 Member

I would go with Ron, but T-mac and Yao are capable of hitting the last shots they just need to be rested and not hurt.

15. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

I like how Tracy can elevate and make awesome shots over most defenders. Yao's last minute shot against the blazers earlier this year was memorable (even though Brandon Roy outstaged him with his three from the parking lot)

However as of late I would give the ball to Ron or whoever is hot off the bench.

not Hayes? anyone....lol

16. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

I say, give it to whomever is on fire. If Yao is on fire, give him the ball. If T-Mac is making 9 pts in 48 seconds, you give him the last shot. In the game against the Wizards, I think Ron Ron should have had the last shot. The guy was a BEAST in the 4th, and clearly Yao & T-Mac were having off nights.

- Sushimaster

17. WNBA

WNBA Member

I'd give Scola the last play and let him flop to the win.

18. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

Aaron Brooks is playing very consistently and has the best FT% on the team. I wouldn't mind him taking the last shot, especially a 3PT to win it.

- Sushimaster

19. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

tmac is good game maker, create opportunities for teammates. If he show his offensive side, I can say there are few defenders can defende him, but question is he is no heart of playing, assists are his only good point.

To tell the true, when tmac made the shot while there is only 32 seconds left, I even Adelman will give tmac the chance to make last shot. At that moment he looks great.

20. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

They asked this same question to the Celtics Big 3 and the answer they gave was... Who Evers Hot!!!!

That same theory and scenario should also be with the Rockets..... Who EVERS Hot!!!!