1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

who can make last shot?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BruceHR, Dec 30, 2008.

?

who can make last shot

1. Yao

45 vote(s)
    25.7%
  2. Tracy

75 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Ron

71 vote(s)
    40.6%
  4. Other

43 vote(s)
    24.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

In this thread, I want to talk about who is the best guy to make last shot:

Here is the stats link

Yao--> As a traditional center, Yao mostly score points in the coloured area, and at the FT line is a great weapon of him. His shooting rate is the highest among the team, but Yao had missed too many times, at home games vs Pacers and Jazz even Wizards totally 4 times, but he all misfired. So I dont think he is a good guy to make the last shot. Although he made one at Portland, that shot was great. But still lose by Roy's amazing shot..

T-Mac--> He is a talented guy, but he wasted his talent, disadvantage are injure-prone(including mental injury) and always missing when critical moment. So he is also not good to make last shot.

Ron--> He is great guy, vs Jazz, his brust at 2nd OT helped us. He is also the only intrepid guy we have. Yao and tmac both at the top 10 softest players in the league.. And Ron has the highest 3-pt-shots rate among the Rockets. I believe him, he has a big heart..

I would let Ron make our last shot.

Now please speak out what's your opinion?

2. ibm

ibm Member

who should take the last shot? mj or steve kerr? maybe pippen?

it all depends, my friend.

3. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

I missed Novak very much..

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

tracy may not necessarily make the last shot, but he gives you the most options when he has the ball in his hands if he does indeed take the last shot. he either will get a shot for himself or a great shot for his teammate.

i think when tracy is healthier, you would have seen that tonight. he still doesn't finish plays to end quarters so you know adelman is not running those plays for him yet.

5. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Well in my honest opinion, in the situation we were just in, I would give it to McGrady because he just made a shot to narrow it down by 2. Depends on how the team is playing.

6. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

Give the ball to Tracy and he will make things happen.

7. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I would let Tmac handle the ball and let him create an opportunity for Ron or Yao if not for himself. I would trust Ron's shot the most right now.

8. karmapolice119

I trust battier to make the last shot. I say we should have a drawn up play for tmac to drive and dish to shane for the corner three. Hes money from there, and most teams would probably collapse in on tmac. Have Yao on the other side of the basket to get the rebound in case of a miss, but like we saw last year in game 1 vs the lakers, battier can be a clutch shooter.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'd actually want Brooks taking the last shot. He's a guy who can create off the dribble. He's got a midrange game, he's got the floaters in the lane, and he can hit the 3-point shot.

10. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

Let tmac create chance, then pass the damn ball to Battier sounds like a good idea, Battier's 3pts shot is good, especially near the bottom line..

11. chef

chef Member

Not must be dedicated. Anyone who get best opportunity. In this team, there is no super star -- part reason why Adelman come?

12. steven_orgy

steven_orgy Member

I'd rather Barry make the last shot.
    Barry is a reliable shooter. You guys all forget it?
    Damn, RA just seldom play him in the crucial moments.

13. Norway's Winter

everyone could make it.
    even steve novak did...

14. tofu--

tofu-- Member

ab has ice water in his veins boys and girls

15. shakegod

shakegod Rookie

Every night who has highest shooting rate can give it to him, hope that guy have a big heart..

16. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Didn't come across this thread last night.Damn

I voted for T-mac coz he's the clutchest shooter on this team out of the stats sheet.n' I just still couldn't figure out why RA would like to stick to Yao on the final possession.

Last time T-Mac hit a game winner was years back,like 3 years ago?but still I prefer to bet my money on him come the final shot. :cool:

17. 1individual

1individual Member

Ron jacked up way too many 3's in the game loss, I'd say tmac for sure, but other players like Barry, Aaron Brooks, Scola.

18. rock2009

rock2009 New Member

I voted for t-mac, Artest or others. Actually Scola, Berry and Battier are all quite clutch. And I believe this is more like a natural instinct that one cannot obtain by practicing.

19. Pringles

Pringles Member

Thing is... Tracy also jacks up 3s in late. Remember the jacked up 3 with a minute or so left?

He did the same thing against the Spurs. (the first one)

I really wish he'd get his shot back. Defenders will let him shoot that all day... which is one of the reason you don't see him driving and passing it out to the corners.

Artest is way to predictable. Yao tends to fade instead of going in strong during crunch time. And he also tends to make crappy passes in crunch time.

Right now... this is probably the hardest thing for Rick to decide, especially with Tracy's issue (whatever it is) and Ron's injured ankle.

20. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Luther head!!!!! :D :p have we all forgotten about him?

On a more serious note. I rather Tmac takes it. He have the ability to make something out of nothing. And his shots always looks good however impossible the odds are.