1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

who can be this years von wafer????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by johnnydeezy1, Sep 29, 2010.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think with well distributed playing time(which will be difficult), we will have many Wafer-like performances . Seeing as our bench is so deep. I will look for Patterson, Ish, Lee, Lowry, Bud, Hayes and Hill to have good seasons. That is a very good bench! ;) :eek:

2. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Von Wafer signed a guarunteed contract with the Celtics this past off season. hes the perfect backup for ray allen, and is a much better offensive player than tony allen.

3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...after they lost out on getting Eddie frickin House and oh ya, after Von was cut from a European team. In principal he is a good shooter and a guy you would think any team would want but clearly there is something wrong with him for a 25 yr old athletic sharp shooter to be let go from the Lakers, Clippers, Nuggets, Blazers, Rockets, Dallas, and Olympiacos. Boston is desperate and likely knows this is a gamble but doesn't have much of a choice as a timely 21 point outburst from Von off the bench could make the difference for the Celtics since their star players are no longer the guys who can consistently carry a team by themselves anymore.

4. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

Lee is EXPECTED to be in the rotation and contribute this year, so I wouldn't classify him to be a surprise if he does.

Von Wafer really came out of nowhere that year, because nobody expected him to crack the rotation when we signed him

If Jermaine Taylor gets in the rotation this year and puts up some nice numbers for us, I think he would be this year's surprise. That might mean an injury to one of Battier or Bud though which would suck

5. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Not sure if someone like Ishmael Smith can come in and become instant offense.

Jermaine Taylor is guy I would bet, to be that kind of player.

6. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

socioeconomic class?
    wha?