1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who are you taking with the 4th pick?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston77, May 16, 2023.

?

Who are you taking?

1. Amen Thompson

148 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. Jarace Walker

34 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Ausar Thompson

6 vote(s)
    1.8%
  4. Cam Whitmore

37 vote(s)
    10.9%
  5. Trade the pick

101 vote(s)
    29.7%
  6. Other (Specify)

14 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. Reeko

Reeko Member

everyone’s athleticism and potential gets hyped up beyond belief pre-draft

here’s part of an ESPN story about Emmanuel Mudiay heading into the draft

His skills are rare for someone nearly six and a half feet tall. He dribbles low and nimbly. His feet pad across the court almost soundlessly. His hands are large; he palms the ball with ease. His bounce passes skim across the court with a casual flick.

Three weeks after the lottery, he invites reporters to watch him at a sprawling gym in the San Fernando Valley, north of downtown Los Angeles. One is Mark Heisler, who has covered basketball for the Los Angeles Times, The Philadelphia Inquirer and others since the late 1960s. Mudiay sprints and cuts and launches toward the rim, unfurling a series of tomahawk jams. "Explosive. Wow!" Heisler says, wide-eyed. He compares Mudiay to Russell Westbrook, Derrick Rose, a young Kobe Bryant -- even to Elgin Baylor. "I knew he was an athlete, but wow, I wasn't expecting this. It's possible that the moment he turns pro, he is the most athletic point guard there has ever been." Heisler pauses. He adds an appropriate dose of caution, the same dose NBA executives have added when considering Mudiay. "Right now, remember, he's working out against air."

Shark44, saleem, maj21 and 1 other person like this.
  2. i3artow i3aller

3. lionaire

lionaire Member

Man f*ck no! Give me Amen over two guys who have hit their ceiling.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

shhh don't poke the lemmings.

DD

5. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s official, Kelly Iko is an opp

1st the “I’m drunk at 2 AM” trades he had the nerve to publish in the Athletic, now this

media been making the Rockets out to be dumb and dysfunctional all year, so now organizations like the Raptors come calling probably offering that same bullsh*t Iko wrote like OG for Tari, the 4th pick, and another top 6 protected pick

7. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

LMAO

bro, it’s been open season on the Rockets for the past year

How is our own writer for the Athletic conjuring up multiple trades where we get absolutely fleeced and then publishing it? He really is a clown for that. What was he trying to accomplish? That article was so bad, somebody needs to do a wellness check on Iko and see if he’s ok. I’d never put my name on article that trash, and the editor who ok’d it ain’t sh*t either. Somebody over at the Athletic hates Iko.

9. i3artow i3aller

10. conquistador#11

Less than a month now.

Three steps of draft time.

1. Get severely annoyed by all the Amen agenda.

2. Start liking Amen and getting used to the idea he will be a Rocket.

3. Some other team gets him first.

So yeah, I'm just going to chill. I'm good with Walker, Hendricks, Whitmore, Amen or a hallelujah

11. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Iko is weird. Anyway, we should always draft for elite talent so I would draft Amen Thompson but I’m hearing Portland is intrigued with his talent so I would draft Ausar Thompson. He has a nice 1st step, elite defender, High IQ player and great passer and shot blocker. Having Tari and Ausar or Amen on our bench with KPJ would be CRAZY!

12. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

o_O

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  13. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Would y’all do #4+Garuba+KMJ for #13 and Anuoby?

14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

With us drafting #4 , I don’t entirely buy this. Top 3 we ain’t sellin but #4 and we are out? Isn’t the inference that we love 3 guys? Clearly Hendersn or Miller could fall.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

definitely not

OG is not a difference maker like that, and he essentially has just 1 year left on his deal because there’s no way he’s picking up his PO

u are giving up the 4th pick for 1 year of OG or the right to overpay him in FA…no thanks

Believe It! and i3artow i3aller like this.
  16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Side note, it's pretty strange for Iko to be talking like "the Rockets will definitely trade the pick if it's not in the top 3" when we don't even know who will be the top 3 picks right now. There is no obvious consensus, and we also don't know the Rockets' draft board. Just a weird statement in general.

i3artow i3aller, Aruba77 and RC Cola like this.
  17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Iko is just a rumor mill megaphone for Stone. They want to drum up interest in the #4 pick. Can’t take anything too seriously.

cbass and OremLK like this.
  18. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

You forgot

4. The consistently higher ranked player falls to us and we take him but somehow feel we lost because we talked ourselves into thinking he wasn't as good as Amen for a month.

Moe likes this.
  19. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Hilariously on point...

But if it happens, it means Henderson probably falls right to us.

20. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

I suspect Miller falls to 4. Someone will trade up for Scoot and Amen’s upside will intrigue the other team more than a “jack of all trades” SF. Miller’s profile is the type that typically falls.

Dankstronaut likes this.