1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who are we going to use the MLE on?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by samtaylor, Jul 16, 2015.

1. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Would have rather used the MLE on deron Williams

Wtf

2. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

Brewer isn't a sg, thornton isn't a sf, and Dekker isn't a pf....other than that you are right on.

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

better not be any of those guys

4. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

lol hes just mad right now that we lost Josh

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'd take Boozer, he'd be a decent Smith replacement.

While Boozer clearly isn't the defender that Smith is, Boozer has a more efficient and consistent offensive game, with reliable post moves and mid range jumpers. On top of that Boozer is also a better rebounder, and while he isn't the passer Smith is, he's not that bad averaging 2.2 asst over his career (Smith's is 3.3).

Now, keeping Smith would of been ideal, I still do not get why we didn't re-sign him, or he chose to bounce. But if we could get Booz with a vet min or partial MLE, i'd be happy.

Motie is still coming off of back surgery, Jones is still one of our main trade assets for an upgrade at PG, Harrell is dleague bound. We need another PF.

Darrell Arthur is another player i'd like for us.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Boozer makes sense with his experience. How has Arthur been playing when he has gotten minutes? Isn't he inconsistent?

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He was always going to be Dallas bound.