1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who are the legitimate posters who lean to the right?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MrRoboto, Aug 9, 2012.

Tags:
?

Where do you consider yourself politically?

1. Far Left

8.3%
  2. Middle Left

37.5%
  3. Centrist / Moderate

22.2%
  4. Middle Right

29.2%
  5. Far Right

5.6%
  6. Strictly Democrat

4.2%
  7. Strictly Republican

5.6%
  8. Strictly Libertarian

4.2%
  9. Strictly Green Party

1.4%
  10. Non Denominational / Not Politically Active

9.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

This is a rare serious post.

For those who have been around a while, who are intelligent and sincere posters from the right with which debate/discussion is justified?

The typical characters representing the right have no substance and offer no intelligent discussion. Who are the atypical that I do not see as often?

Those who are interested in honest intellectual debate and factual information instead of political rhetoric. Do they exist here?

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Someone should create a stratified list of conservative posters in the D&D.

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I lean to the right.

However, leaning to the right makes you a liberal in this day and age.

soooo /shrug

4. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Refman, weslinder, occasionally robbie360. thumbs used to be. There are others, but I assume they avoid the D&D because they don't want to be associated with the religious zealots, the paid cronies, the dumb-and-loud howlers, and the wannabe one percenters.

5. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

Thanks for the response Larsv8.

I am sincere in my appreciation. Intelligent debate is enjoyable and we all have something to learn from each other; both good and bad.

This will hopefully give me some insight as to those who may not believe as I do but are worth reading and engaging in discussion.

So far I have been so overwhelmed with the extremists that it is hard to separate the chaff from the wheat, so to speak.

6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

legitimate?

BWAHAHAHAA

[​IMG]

7. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

Thanks the Thadeus. Please stay away from my moms.

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

Justxyank is a pretty good poster. I don't know if he's considering a conservative- but that's what I see him as.

9. thadeus

I forgot some of the more recent leaners. justtxyank can be pretty reasonable. Kojirou and juicystream as well. I'm not sure if either of them would identify themselves as "right leaning" though.

Also, tell your mom I said hello.

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

[​IMG]

11. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

[​IMG]

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

hilarious thread coming from a dogpile liberal

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

And I was just about to say Bigtexxx.

Ah well...

14. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

You made a new category for your "simplification list" did you?

After you simplified your simplification list I expected that you had reached the capacity of understanding for your kind.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

HayesStreet is what I would have described as a Moderate Republican, leaning liberal on social issues, more conservative on economic and defense issues, but he might not think of himself that way these days. It's odd that I personally know several moderate Republicans that would fit that description (whether Hayes does any longer, or not), but they seem as rare as Dragon's teeth in D&D. Treeman was a very interesting Republican back in the day. Intelligent and fun to debate with. I hope he's OK. He was in the military, as many here will recall, and was deployed to Iraq during George W. Bush's invasion and occupation of that country. Treeman even made a wager that we would find WMD's there, a wager he lost. If the wager is all that's keeping him away (and I hope it's something like that), he should blow it off. We need members from the Right like him in the worst way.

There are others, but those are two excellent members who I saw as moderate Republicans back in that time period. Hayes might not see himself as a Republican now. MadMax also used to fit that description, in my opinion, but might be insulted to be called Republican today. I don't think he recognizes this version of the GOP. I don't either. I've never see that party as extreme as it is now. Never. Reagan was a moderate in comparison, and would be shunned by this Republican Party for his moderation. Nixon, while a paranoid criminal who resigned in disgrace, was also moderate in comparison to today's GOP. Heck, he signed the law that created the EPA! And I have vivid memories of that era in American politics, having had the pleasure of voting against both.

As much as the gobblers of the Far Right whine and complain about so-called liberal "domination" in D&D, they dominate the forum from that side of the political spectrum. If more actual Republicans posted here, rather than the caricatures constantly trolling and ruining good discussions, who's numerous threads we are besieged with daily, members like basso and the fellow who calls himself bigtexxx (for example), would be marginalized. Sadly, too many shy away from posting in D&D. That's a pity and a loss to the forum. In my opinion.

Keep D&D Civil!

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Toilet bowl conservative, always full of ****.

17. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Oh this is rich.

I have a lot of respect for lots of you here with whom I constantly and abjectly disagree....

... while you guys respect only those who will acquiesce to you or at least not stand up to you!

Sorry but that is patently ridiculous.

#17 giddyup, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  18. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

You must spread some reputation...you know the deal.

19. thadeus

Is that what you think of the people I named? I'm sure they'll be happy to find that you're so willing to disassociate yourself from them.

I respect rationality, even if another person's rational reflection leads them to a different place. I respect when someone can provide rational justifications for their beliefs.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I enjoy the 1st few pages of your debates. Not a fan of the typical (lack of) denouements that come from it though.

There's definitely a group mentality here (that I sometimes join), which makes it difficult for moderate cons to voice their opinion without being torn up like fresh meat.

But thinking about it, it's not exactly an unexpected thing...or even one that can be truly solved. This forum has reached a mature and developed point with known members and a socially determined balance. Trying to force the forum to an earlier state without total and uncompromising purges ruins the forum.

If I lost anyone, I'm ripping the theory of developing markets and social equilibrium.

Changing one's mind on one subject is an achievement. Changing a personality is even more uncommon. Doing it on a wide enough scale to change the dynamics of this board (RIP gwayneco, creepyfloyd, new yorker, and all the other fools who tried in their own insecure way) is a pretty powerful talent.

So most likely, things will change only when the conservative movement grows a pair, stops whining and whinging, picks themselves up like they boast they're doing, and start thinking again. It's a top down mentality, but that's how they operate the best.