1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who are the bottom 5 teams for 2012-13?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jopatmc, Aug 24, 2012.

1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

5 worst teams in the league right now:

Orlando
    Sacramento
    Charlotte
    Toronto
    New Orleans
    Bucks or Hawks???

Orlando, Sac, Charlotte, and New Orleans are obvious. Toronto...when you look at them, they are extremely young. Lowry and a bunch of kids. Rookie big man. They're going to be bad.

Fifth worst....I just don't know. I can make a case for Toronto, Bucks, Atlanta, maybe even us if we actually tank, but we're not tankers.

What is your worst 5 for 2012-13?

Edit: Stupid me, left off Charlotte.

#1 jopatmc, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  2. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Orlando
    Sacramento
    New Orleans
    Detroit
    Charlotte

No particular order.

3. da_juice

da_juice Member

Charlotte (well worse than the others)
    Kings
    then I'd say Toronto, NO, Magic, Cavs, and Bucks are all in the same category. Nice pieces- but still bad. Like maybe 8th pick level. But this year there's only one very ****ty team and it's Charlotte. Gurantee they'll pick 4th or higher this draft.

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Houston.
    Bobcats.
    New Orleans.
    Cleveland --- purely based on Kyrie's health; he broke his hand, didn't he? Otherwise I'd consider them average with a small chance at playoffs.
    Sacramento -- maybe... a culture change turns them around. Just more guys with tough, no nonsense, defensive mentality. Thomas Robinson might be enough.

Orlando is better imo. Vet teams do well. + they'll have extra focus after the drama.

Toronto young? Not really.

Detroit is very talented. A lot of players with right attitude. Monroe is a legit star. Brandon Knight is super talented. I expect them to contend for the last playoff spot.
    I'm not sure why this board keeps underrating the Pistons talent so badly, maybe because you guys don't run into them much due to scheduling.

1 person likes this.
  5. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

1. Charlotte Bobcats: They are still just awful. They won't be as terrible as last season, but that won't be much consolation. I foresee them with the 25% chance to win the lottery yet again, though I predict the Magic will win the 2013 lottery. Basketball reasons ;)
    I think MKG will definitely evolve into a locker-room leader for this team.

2. Orlando Magic: Simply because management will need them to be bad. They aren't awful, but they are definitely out of the playoffs. I hope Afflalo and crap picks were worth it.

3. Sacramento Kings: Roster looks a mess to me. Cousins is a beast; T-Rob may be great as well. But I really don't like their guard rotation. It'll screw them up for sure. One more last place finish for them again in the 12-13 season.

4. Detroit Pistons: Perhaps I'm underrated them, but I can't see them advancing too far up the ladder with the Bucks, Raptors, and Cavs fighting for that eighth seed. Knight and Monroe are excellent, a fabulous combo. Here's hoping they'll boost this team skywards. Wizards would be my next choice.

5. Houston Rockets: Seems like the safe pick; we've got a bunch of rooks and young players. I think, from an outsider's POV, we are a bad team. If we prove them right, so be it, we get a nice lottery pick. However, the Rocket fan in me is convinced that we will be much higher when its all said and done. Hornets and Suns have the ROY and 9th seed talent, respectively. Hard to see them down here.

6. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

with the 14th pick of the 2013 nba draft....

7. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Hopefully the Rockets achieve this level of sucktitude.

8. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Houston, Orlando, Charlotte, Minnesota and Toronto

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

How is charlotte missing, is this one of those crazy jopatmc things where you've analyzed their roster and feel that Kemba Walker is about to show the world he's on Isiah Thomas' level and Bismack Biyombo is going to morph into Hakeembe Olajutumbowon in the span of an offseason?

1 person likes this.
  10. OremLK

OremLK Member

They won't. Anyone putting us in this discussion is just being a delusional tanker. The Rockets are CLEARLY outside of the bottom 5 barring a horrible rash of injuries. They're looking at 8th-12th seed in the lottery.

11. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I'm surprised no one's said the Suns, because they're who I'm picking.

Suns, Bobcats, Kings, Magic, Hornets. In that order.

12. da_juice

da_juice Member

Dragic Beasley Scola Gortat is too good to be terrible.

13. Rox11

Rox11 Member

How are the hornets going to be bad? Suns will be the new 9th seed.

14. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Charlotte, Orlando, Sacramento, New Orleans, Atlanta.

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

If Gordon has a fully healthy season, they probably won't.
    If he's not fully there, they just don't seem deep or experienced enough.

16. tzou88

tzou88 Member

From crappiest to slightly less crappy? If so, how are the Bobcats better than the Suns? Also, for the Magic with a starting lineup of Jameer Nelson, Afflalo, Hedo, Al Harrington, and Glen Davis w/ about the same bench as before they're better than rest of those teams.

17. jopatmc

Sorry dude. Forgot about them. Watched them during SL. I think they are going to be a tough defensive team and I expect their coach will make them better. I was thinking they may be borderline playoff team depending on how much he could ratchet up the defensive intensity. They were going 94 feet during SL. If they could get about 8 or 9 horses doing that for 48 mpg, they would obviously be fighting for playoff spot. However, realistically, I don't expect that to happen.

Will modify my list to include Charlotte.

#17 jopatmc, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Charlotte, Cleveland, New Orleans, Sacramento, unsure about a fifth team right now.

19. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Charlotte, Orlando, Sacramento, New Orleans, Atlanta

20. jopatmc

Because they have 2 rookies in their starting lineup to play with Gordon and nothing else. Davis is going to be great. But it's gonna take time. They will be bad next season.