1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

White Supremacists Accused of Planning for Race War

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, May 9, 2012.

1. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Not necessarily, some of them are just white criminal gangs; which I imagine are basically drug (and robbery?) syndicates.

Also, there's a reasonable distinction between seeking or preparing for an armed race war and just lobbying to reboot Jim Crow.

And to the extent that meeting, socializing and writing allows some of them to work out their anger non-violently, it's probably for the better; or at least a good argument for free speech/assembly.

2. Classic

Classic Member

lol, good job MSNBC of exposing the thoughts and intentions of 7 random tool bags as if this were national & global intentions

3. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

What? How did they report this as "national and global intentions"?

4. Raven

Raven Member

This is all about the government trying to justify the war on civil liberties, law enforcement trying to boost funding, and so called watch dog groups trying to drum up donations.

Reject Fear. Embrace the Bill of Rights. Turn off cable news.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

These guys weren't just meeting, socializing and writing but were stockpiling guns and explosives and engaged in paramilitary training. They weren't just some random tool bags, or guys paid and armed by the FBI, but had the means and the capabilities to carry out attacks.

6. Classic

Classic Member

The story is what it is. Sensationalist propaganda as if this is the secretive intentions of white people everywhere. Raven gets it. Rocketsjudoka falls for it.

7. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

They...they reported a story. Can you explain how they are saying these are the intentions of white people everywhere, or are you just talking out of your ass?

8. Classic

Classic Member

You see it as a story. I see it as scare tactics. Our life experiences dictate our perspective and opinions. You think I'm talking out of my ass, I perceive you as questioning my perspective. Whatever.

You can find 5 random idiots in any town in any place of any race with any negative agenda in the world conspiring and up to no good. Is it all worthy of reporting? Nah, it only makes headlines if it is white on black racism because that's the only form of race hate that exists, right? Instead of promoting the idea of co-existing and peace, the media is much more in tune with creating fear and panic because otherwise, the news would be boring and they therefore wouldn't have advertisers.

9. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I would second QdoubleA's question. Also so in your mind a bunch of guys spouting racist invective, arming themselves with Kalishnikovs and explosives while engaging in paramilitary training is really nothing to worry about? Do you consider something like that just normal expressions of free speech?

10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

So in your experience the media never reports on Muslims arming themselves with guns and explosives or Black Panthers old or new, just white on black racism.

11. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

These were guys training with automatic weapons planning to shoot jews and n@ggers in the head when the time came. If you see this story, and the first thought that pops into your head is "lol, media attacking white people", I feel for you dude.

12. Classic

Classic Member

Lol, alright man, I concede that point. If you and I are carrying out a real time conversation, I'm making a different point than you think I'm making. it is easy as we sit behind our computers to be mistaken in our intentions and motivations. Yes, these guys are scary dudes. Yes, Kony is a bad man. Yes, Timothy McVeigh is mean. Yes, Moslims that hate jews are terrible. I'm right there with you.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

14. Classic

Classic Member

Abnormal obviously RJ but you're the one posting the sensationalist thread title. it's not a strike, attack, hit or battle with these 7 demented guys hanging in a dude's garage and back yard of a trailer, no no, it is a WAR

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

16. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

I appreciate you being able to disagree with me and still have a rational conversation. You don't see that a lot around here.

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

What's bigtexx like in real life, I am really curious

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

19. Nook

Nook Member

He is a peach.

20. hairyme

hairyme Member

I may have missed something on this story in particular--mostly because I'm not interested in reading about it--but I'm pretty sure I'm with Classic on this one.

This story equates to "Stupid person(s) does something stupid"; even if these things are interesting or fall under "bizarre news", these aren't national stories. National news should cover events that have national implications, and covering stupid stuff like this artificially inflates its significance and only provides viewers a skewed and distorted view of reality.

That Koran-burning pastor (also from Florida, coincidence??) is another good example. That story wasn't even worthy of local news, much less the neverending coverage it got on 24 hr news. The failure of news organizations to do their job, in this case, turned "Area man is stupid" into "Christian pastor pledges to burn Korans in the face of American forces overseas facing violent backlash" and "Officials plea with Pastor to quit crusade" and etc.... All of a sudden, the national perception is that there are rising religious tension in the US with far-reaching international consequences. We should have NEVER even been aware of that redneck bozo in the first place.

Local stupid people need to be ignored.