1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

White cut;Randolph demoted;Albers & McLemore called up

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Cannonball, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I heard this on 610 and posted it in the game thread but wanted to wait for an article to appear before I started a new thread.

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/news/...ent_id=2054548&vkey=pr_hou&fext=.jsp&c_id=hou

Astros recall Albers and McLemore
    Club releases White, designates Randolph for assignment

HOUSTON -- The Houston Astros announced today that the club has recalled RHP Matt Albers and LHP Mark McLemore from Triple-A Round Rock. Albers and McLemore will be uniform for tonight's game at Minute Maid Park vs. the Colorado Rockies. In addition, the club has released RHP Rick White and designated LHP Stephen Randolph for assignment. The announcements were made by general manager Tim Purpura.

Albers, 24, is 2-3 with a 3.74 ERA (22ER/53IP) with 43 strikeouts in nine starts for the Express in 2007. In his last outing at Triple A, Albers pitched 7.0 innings and allowed only one run with six strikeouts. In seven games (all starts) for the Astros this season, Albers owns a 1-4 record with a 6.35 ERA (24ER/34IP).

McLemore, 26, is 0-1 with a 2.78 ERA (14ER/45.1IP) in 18 games, including seven starts, for Round Rock this season. He has made two appearances at the Major League level for the Astros this season, allowing one unearned run and five strikeouts in 2.0 innings.

White, 38, was 1-0 with a 7.67 ERA (25ER/29.1IP) in 23 games for the Astros in 2007. In 12 big league seasons, White owns a 42-53 record with a 4.43 ERA (420ER/853.1IP) in 607 Major League games, including 18 starts.

Randolph, 33, posted a 17.36 ERA (9ER/4.2IP) in five games for Houston this season. He was recalled from Triple-A Round Rock on 6/20 where he was 6-0 with a 2.34 ERA (9ER/34.2IP) and 57 strikeouts in 18 games for the Express.
    print this page

2. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

about time White got the boot
    your next Moehler

3. Howyalikemenow

Alright, they're finally making some obvious moves. Now, say goodbye to Trevor Miller and Ensberg. The next obvious moves.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

These are secondary moves. Should have gone big first. Ensberg DFA'd

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I think any big moves will come after Biggio gets to 3000. I don't think they want anything overshadowing that.

6. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Kinda off topic but man i miss stros teams with the killer bees, they were so much fun to watch. Why does our bullpen have to suck so much??? Sorry for venting but its been such a long season and were still only like what half complete? Its time to make some trades for prospects. I had such high hopes for this team when the season started. :(

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

We're so close to the all-star break that I think they'll wait until then to start the major moves.

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

This had to be done. Randolph and White aren't pitching good and they weren't going to be part of the future, and Albers and McLemore might be a part of our future. Hopefully the perform well. God knows, they can't be worse.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Thankgod.

I'm also looking for some other major moves soon.

10. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Hallelujah! If you're going to suck, you might as well suck with young players. Hopefully they'll show something.

11. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Moehler has got to be the next to get axed :mad: