1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

White Chocolate or Bobby Jackson?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 5, 2008.

?

Looking back on it, what should have happened?

1. Bobby Jackson was the correct trade

53 vote(s)
    32.1%
  2. Jason Williams should have been the PG we traded for

45 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Neither, Bonzi Wells is what we needed for the playoffs

67 vote(s)
    40.6%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pre-BJax, there was rumors of us being interested in White Chocolate
    both being Rick Adelman guys

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 tinman, May 5, 2008
    Last edited: May 5, 2008
  2. poprocks

poprocks Member

White Chocolate is da bomb. He got mad skillz with the ball. He can back up Rafer and we wouldn't lose a step.

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Wait. What was the White Chocolate rumor again? Who did we give up?

4. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

The BJax trade was out of desperation, just look at our PG depth before trade and even after BJax trade.

Bonzi is pretty bad also.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Heat trade rumors pop up
    December 24
    Source: Miami Herald
    "The Houston Chronicle reported that the Rockets would have some interest in trading for Heat guard Jason Williams, who has been inconsistent this season but has an attractive expiring contract. Another was mentioned in The (New York) Daily News, which claimed the Heat and Grizzlies are discussing a deal that would bring Mike Miller to Miami and send either Williams or Ricky Davis to Memphis."

6. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

If our goal is to only get out of the first round, Jason Williams should have been the PG we traded for. If we want to win a championship, trade for Bobby Jackson ('s contract) is the right decision

7. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

Williams would have been much better for the 2 games Rafer was out along with the second half of game 6, and that's what matters.

8. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I guess spell check wasn't used back in 99.

two four six eight
    tinman knows the taste of white chocolate

:D

9. poprocks

poprocks Member

Pt guard is pretty important and White Chocolate has pretty good handles and all we really need is an effective floor general to run this motion offense. They look pretty similar statwise to me but Jason Williams plays less minutes

[​IMG]

10. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I think its pretty clear Jason Williams was/is the better player. I think even if we didn't keep him the trade would have been better because his contract is bigger. I doubt we had enough to give up for white chocolate. They probably wanted something we weren't willing to part with, like one or more of our rookies.

11. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

Jason Williams is pretty terrible. His decision making is atrocious, he's injury prone, I suspect his defense is worse than Bobby's... My vote goes for Bobby Jackson.

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This guy is still available and we wouldn't miss a beat when he spelled Rafer.

[​IMG]

13. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Tough question. We shouldn't forget that trading Bonzi meant getting rid of Mike James and his contract.

Knowing what I know now, I choose Williams, depending on his contract situation. Short term backup

14. lastmanstanding

I like him. He's a Rafer type player so he could sub in. Who do we trade though?

15. JD2010

JD2010 Member

White Chocolate, like someone mentioned earlier, he would have been better starting for the rox in the games Rafer missed than Bjax.
    Although Bjax is a good spark OFF THE BENCH

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

I been a fan of Williams since his Sac Town days but he has been hurt a lot the last few years. With the injury bug in Houston you better believe he would of gotten injured here.

17. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

...and this is why y'all are General Managers of NBA teams.
    1.) Jason Williams has a massive contract that the Rockets could've have possibly traded for. It's big and expiring; the Heat would want WAY more than Bonzi Wells/Mike James. And it doesn't even work financially either! The Rockets would need to send someone else as well... Except that it doesn't work out financially.
    2.) The trade got Mike James' contract off the books... Meaning an extra $6 million after next season.

Morey made the right move in the long run. In the short run, he brought in a player who knew the offense and could help the team run it. Battier mentioned that as soon as BJax came in, little things Adelman talked about all season suddenly clicked and made since as they watched Jackson do them. I liked Bonzi, but I love this trade. It just shows how freaking good a GM Morey is.

18. yaorta

yaorta Member

"professor" just reminds me of Ridnour, that'll be a good option, too

19. poprocks

poprocks Member

That's cause he played in Miami where injury is their middle name. I don't know what they do down there but they got everybody jacked up with injuries.

20. Shaud

Shaud Member

lol but we are about the same or worse then Miami when it comes to the injury bug. A few of those injuries were the type of injuries that wasn't that serious but because they weren't contending they shut them down. Now here in Houston we are contending but we have a lot of injuries.

Injuries is our 1st name too :(.