1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

White allowed to take the bus [Rockets.com]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NL Rocket, Oct 23, 2012.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

This reminds me of the offseason where everyone was freaking out about the Chinese government taking half of Yao's money. It doesn't matter to us. White is the one who has to put up with it. If he can't be game-ready because he'll be too stressed out from flying or too road-weary from driving, then his career in the NBA will be short. He needs to figure it out or he won't be able to play.

2. MadMax

MadMax Member

Distinction is the Chinese govt taking half Yao's money didn't have a potentially direct impact on his development as a rookie....

3. durvasa

durvasa Member

The so called "off-time" is essential for the development of any rookie. That's when he can be absorbing knowledge from his coaches and teammates and working on refining his game. White's bus ventures will seriously eat into that development time.

I'm just hoping, again, that this is like a temporary security blanket and he'll be able to ween himself off of it some time during this season.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe the bus will have a mini-gym, a shower, and a bedroom for him to keep his game day routines. Oh, and a video console for him to study game tapes.

5. ArtV

ArtV Member

Hey if this works out maybe Le$ can bus the whole team.

[edit] Wait...does White have to sit in the front or the back?

#105 ArtV, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I wish I could have a job where I take my trailer with me, since i have home sick anxiety. Sign me up for that job.

7. da_juice

da_juice Member

Is anybody reminded of that baseball video game where you had to pay for the team's transportation, and the cheapest option was the public bus?

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The only hope for his career is being able to overcome his fear of flying and participate in all team activities and travel like everyone else. If not, we'll see if the Rockets put up with it more than a year.