1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

White allowed to take the bus [Rockets.com]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NL Rocket, Oct 23, 2012.

1. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Member

Word. Rep.

2. heypartner

heypartner Member

That's not what he said.

He's said he'll have to fly to opening Detroit and Atlanta games.

1 person likes this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Member

He said he's going to "try" to use the bus as much as possible, but when it's too far he'll fly.

He's said this the whole time.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Haha, comparing OCD+GAD to Dennis Rodmanitis as mental health issues is like comparing a hamster to a T-Rex because they're both animals.

5. KevinMchale

KevinMchale Member

6. Cycl1

Cycl1 Member

shhh... dont let what was actually said help you form your opinion of him. White is obviously a bad seed and deserves the hate he is getting for what people pretend he said.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

people so want to paint this guy as someone who is trying to take advantage of the organization, rather than coming to grips with the fact that he's got a legitimate illness and as a result, there's bound to be some unique challenges for both parties along the way.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

is it a given that he'll even be on the team for opening night? if the team sends him down to the d-league for a while i hope he'll accept it with a positive attitude

10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Yes, D League doesn't play first game until the 23rd of November. Whether he dresses for opening night is a different story.

1 person likes this.
  11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ok thx for the info

12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Maybe some specifics will wake some people up to the fact that while the Rockets and the NBA are agreeing to this and saying the right things, that doesnt mean it will work. It cant work. In fact it so obviously wont work, that it makes one suspicious that perhaps White's condition is worse than we though if HE thinks it will work.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

GHOST RIDE THAT WHIP, ROYCE!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YPNJjL9iznY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The bus is about limiting flights. I suspect he'll still fly more than drive. As long as it doesn't interfere with games, practice, and film sessions, I don't see it as a problem.

15. ArtV

ArtV Member

Whitesanity has begun.

16. heypartner

heypartner Member

What would be troublesome is if Further is still around, and White starts touring with Ken Kesey's disciples.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Love the people comparing what he can get away with and their own personal job....get over it....this isn't the first instance of an athlete receiving favorable accommodation in life.

I'd take a lot of parts of my own life over having an anxiety disorder....trust me....

Get. Over. It.

The best part being the assholes who jumped on the whine bandwagon before they even bothered to listen in....love it.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

For anyone arguing what you can get away with at your job - you're probably a lot more replaceable and have a lot less potential financial gain for your organization than Royce gives the Rockets.

Nobody's sitting around on your company website debating whether or not "StevieCatoHakeem29857" is a great prospect. :grin:

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Call me when White refuses to contest a dunk in Toronto and then I can hate him as much as some do here.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

I haven't kept up with this, but who pays for the bus? Does Royce take a small pay cut? I'm assuming they'll provide a driver and errthan along with it.