1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

White allowed to take the bus [Rockets.com]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NL Rocket, Oct 23, 2012.

1. RCKTBachar

RCKTBachar Member

In theory the bus idea sounds like it could be feasible. In practice, I dont see how this is actually going to work. I hope that he can work through this issue early on, and get on the plane most of the time.

2. bread and budin

Everyone needs to chill out

1. This guy did not miss 1 college game because of his anxiety

2. He never said he was just going to skip the game. He said it is very important to be there and its probably to far to drive. IN OTHER WORDS - Ill be flying...

Think of the bus option as little safe islands Royce can hold onto as the season goes along. He may have to jump on a plane 2 times in a week, but him KNOWING that a bus trip for the next 3 games is how he will get around will help him cope with the anxiety he will have on those plane trips.

Its all about having a plan that makes sense for him. It has nothing to do with missing games or looking for special treatment because he thinks hes special.

1 person likes this.
  3. roxxy

roxxy Member

Please just stop. Facts aren't welcome here.

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Member

Sure thing. Let me know when you develop a talent that is remotely worth the trouble.

5. AirSwish

AirSwish Member

If he was going to make an effort of flying to long trips away game, why can't he apply the same method or same effort to fly to close away games? I know flying is the only option on far away cities, but couldn't that be applied to close city games? I always thought fear is fear, regardless if the flight is longer or shorter. Maybe I am ignorant on this mental/anxiety sickness, maybe somebody can clarify for me?

6. MadMax

MadMax Member

As long as he can be at the games, I honestly don't care.

But college schedule is different. There are no back-to-back games. There's far less games in a college season than an NBA season. You're usually talking about a Saturday afternoon game and a Wednesday evening game. The extent of travel is entirely different.

7. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Probably gets to sit in the front.

8. alethios

alethios Member

He should have when Dennis Rodman was playing. This kid is nothing compared to that circus act.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

So is he flying or driving to Atlanta?

Does this mean he's not going to the D-League?

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

In Soviet Russia, bus take Royce White.

1 person likes this.
  11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

D League doesn't start until November 23rd. He'll have a few weeks to try to avoid getting sent down. I expect he'll be sent there with Machado. DMo may be sent there as well. RGV should start season very well.

12. juicystream

juicystream Member

Most back to backs are scheduled close to each other.

Looking at the schedule, I only see 3 games that I could see a problem.

13. davidkconover

davidkconover Member

this is going to be nothing but a failure. if white makes all this effort to travel by plane (high stress) or bus (physical stress) AND doesn't play... i see his attitude turning sour very fast.

not good.

14. MadMax

MadMax Member

Problems I see just in November, alone:

1. Being in Houston 11/3 against Blazers as second game of back to back after being ATL night before;

2. Being in Houston for game v. Detroit after playing the night before in Memphis;

3. Being in Portland on the 16th after playing in Houston on the 14th;

4. Being in Chicago on the 21st after playing in Utah on the 19th (21 hour bus trip);

Those are in November, alone. And remember...even if he CAN make it by hours, we're talking about him arriving after hours and hours of being on the road and then ready to play a game. I'm not thrilled with that. I'm not saying it's impossible...and I'm not saying we shouldn't give it a chance. But I don't love it.

15. ico4498

ico4498 Member

that's already not true for his Rocket experience, so you chill.

16. ico4498

ico4498 Member

White's got talent, potential & issues to spare. it would be a good idea to ease him into the rigors of NBA life ...

i think he's totally worth the extra time & effort the Vipers can afford him.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Link

18. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Thinks for the link! Sounds like the Rockets really went out on a limb here to pick up the costs. Has there ever been such a story such as this?? White better come through for us :p

19. M4-Nightvision

Mr. T was also afraid to fly in the t.v show the A-Team.. They had to put a sleeping pill in his food everytime they fly lolz.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Royce needs to worry about his opponent... not the transportation.