1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

While we are fighting for HCA, Jazz claimed that they are not trying any more.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tracymingreedy, Apr 12, 2007.

1. tracymingreedy

tracymingreedy Contributing Member

They are claimming that they are not trying any more until playoff.

This might be a faked news from Jazz forum. But it is very believable.

What's wrong with the Jazz? This announcement sheds some light on their recent quality of play.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/jazz/2007-04-11-nottrying_N.htm

JAZZ TO NOT EVEN BOTHER TRYING UNTIL PLAYOFFS

SALT LAKE CITY--The Utah Jazz announced today that they will not even put forth on effort until the playoffs start later in the month. The announcement came amidst speculation that the Jazz weren't putting forth much effort during their current losing streak. The Jazz have won the Northwest Division and feel they can pretty much cruise into the postseason without even breaking a sweat.

“I’m not trying anymore. That’s it. I’m done,” said forward Carlos Boozer. “What’s the point anyway? We can’t suck even if we try. We can sleepwalk into the playoffs. Ooooh, so Houston is now the fourth seed. What’s the worst that can happen, they get home court advantage? Ok fine, so we’ll be the fifth seed then we’ll steamroll everyone until we get to the finals. Then we’ll play the Pistons. That’ll be a good time to start trying.”

In their first 73 games, the Jazz put forth an honest effort a staggering 48 times. Exhausted and banged up, the players are ready to take the rest of the season off.

“Whew, it has been one hell of a tough season so far,” said veteran Memo Okur. “I haven’t tried this much since my first year with Detroit. Do you know how hard it is to play the frigging Nuggets on a Wednesday night during cold weather when you’ve won the Division? We could put four guys on the court and still win. And if we don’t? Who cares! We’re still going to be the class of the league, and they’re going to be the Nuggets. Nothing against those guys. ”

Coach Jerry Sloan gave the OK for the extended vacation after several players approached him about it last week’s win against the Rockets. He hopes the time off will get them completely healthy for the playoffs.

“Obviously it’s beneficial to everybody,” said Sloan. “After the Houston game the guys were pretty spent. It was then that they decided to stop going through all that trouble during the regular season. I figured ‘why not?’ No matter how mediocre we are in the regular season we’ll kick the crap out of people in the playoffs. Who are we playing next? Dallas? Boring! Start the playoffs already.”

Other teams in the Jazz’s division were surprised by their decision to stop trying. They were even more surprised at their decision to declare it publicly.

“That’s strange. I’ve never seen anything like that,” said Timberwolves forward Kevin Garnett. “I guess they have a right not to try if they want, but I would never have said that publicly. I mean, at least pretend to try. That’s what I would do. Boy I wish I was on a team that didn’t have to try. It’s every player’s dream. That and winning a championship, of course.”

The Jazz will continue not trying Friday night against the Dallas Mavericks. The Mavericks are the leagues best team, but that isn’t fazing Utah one bit.

“Dallas has a good little team this year,” said Deron Williams. “I’m very impressed with the group of players they’ve assembled. If this were the playoffs, we would be totally pumped up about playing them. Yes! We would be so pumped up! But it’s only the regular season. It’s totally inconsequential. And since coach Sloan is always saying that anyone who doesn’t want to bring his ‘A’ game shouldn’t even bother showing up, I might not bother showing up.”

2. agentkirb

agentkirb Member

Ok, thats faked. I'm sorry. Its just so obvious. Boozer doesn't sound like that.

3. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is obviously a joke.

4. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Yea dude, how can you even for a second think thats real.

5. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

"Ooooh, so Houston is now the fourth seed. What’s the worst that can happen, they get home court advantage? Ok fine, so we’ll be the fifth seed then we’ll steamroll everyone until we get to the finals. Then we’ll play the Pistons. That’ll be a good time to start trying"

Hahahahahaha, Boozer you are going down the old fashion way ... HARD! The Rockets vs. Jazz: 4-0 :D

"Who are we playing next? Dallas? Boring!" :D :D :D

6. 2rings

2rings Member

In other news pigs have begun flying, cats and dogs are partying together and I am now not a Jazz / Mavs / Suns hater

7. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Are you the same guy who believed that Yao killed someone and started flipping out?

I sure hope you're the same guy... We can't have more than one of you, can we?

8. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

heehee! That was pretty funny! I love the fake quotes.

9. AkeemTheDreem86

Lol the link doesn't even work...