1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which young NBA players could average 20 ppg?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by plutoblue11, Jul 3, 2016.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

In your opinion, do you see any rookies, 2nd/3rd players, or even any veterans who have yet to average 20 ppg in season, but have great potential to reach 20 ppg ?

Last season, the breakouts were CJ McCollum (6.8 - 20.8); Andrew Wiggins (an obvious breakout); Kyle Lowry (17.8 - 21.2); Kawhi Leonard (16.5 - 21.5); Eric Bledsoe; andd Kemba Walker

The previous year was Gordon Heyward (16.2 -19.3); Nikola Vucevic

My Choices:
    Giannis Antetokounmpo
    Khris Middleton
    Karl Anthony Towns (obvious)
    Jalil Okafor (obvious)
    Kristaps Porzingis
    Devin Booker
    Rookies:Brandon Ingram, Ben Simmons

Borderline:
    D'Angelo Russell (I don't think he can score 20 a game on that Lakers squad would so many other players who can score).
    Dennis Schoeder
    Emmanuel Mundiay

2. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Devin Brooker, Towns, Giannis, and Jabari Parker..just quick off my head.

3. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Schroder will get damn near 20 ppg.

His per 36 min average last year was 19.5/7.8 assists.

Should easily take most improved this year.

4. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

The player to watch on Denver is Will Barton. If Denver deals away Gallo for whatever reason, he'll be the top scoring dog there, not Mudiay.

5. malakas

malakas Member

If Monroe bites the dust off the roster Parker probably will. Because that will be his role and he will finally get 25%+ usg. So far he rarely had gotten the ball.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Horford?

And if so, would he be the first person to do it in his 10th season or later

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Tyler Johnson will come close if he gets on the Nets. They don't have too many other options. Lin, Johnson and Lopez are gonna have to carry the shot creation load-- and Lopez is a decent bet to miss some games, too.

8. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I think Parker, Middleton, and Antetokounmpo could all be near 20 or around, if Monroe is traded off the roster. I feel like the Bucks need more of clean up guy who can defend and rebound. They have great scorers all over the court, but Monroe is kind of stop gap player on that roster. Monroe fits better with well-rounded defensive team that struggles to score.

I think he is in the right system with the right coaches to do so. I do believe Teague is a better player, right now. But, Dennis has slightly higher ceiling and edge than Teague.

I'm not really sure who the Hawks are going to make as their go-to guy, or are they going to simply do what they've been doing.