1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which would you rather see?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aznoob, Dec 24, 2008.

?

Which would be a better christmas gift?

1. Celtics beat the Lakers with a chance of 22 in a row

32 vote(s)
    18.6%
  2. Lakers beat the Celtics for another in the W column

140 vote(s)
    81.4%
  1. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

...The Lakers beat Boston tomorrow?

...The Celtics beat LA tomorrow?

Honestly, I don't wanna see Boston win tomorrow. As much as I would like to see the best team in the West (our conference, mind you) lose, I wanna preserve the 22 game winning streak for longer than a season.

What about you? Which is the lesser of two evils?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

It is better for the Rockets that the Celtics win, but dang I really don't want them to get past 22 in a row.

;)

DD

3. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

22 is just a franchise record. The Lakers hold the NBA record.

Go Celtics! I hope they sign Deke so he can retire a champion.

4. kingk0ng

kingk0ng Member

5. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

BOO.

go lakers! F the championship buying celtics.

6. Tmacfan0115

Tmacfan0115 Member

Lakers winning, because I hate Celtic band wagoners even though their are way more Kobe band wagoners.

7. xouterheavenx

xouterheavenx Member

id rather see the celtics win. i hate the lakers and i want them to have their hearts ripped out. plus we need to gain half a game on them in the standings.

8. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

With the way the Lakers have been playing, it looks like the '07-'08 Rockets will have the 3rd longest winning streak in NBA history after Christmas day.

9. joesr

joesr Member

dd, Lakers are gonna be number one no matter what

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I can't believe I would ever want the Lakers to win. But heck, I hate the Celtics as much as the Lakers this year. And the 22 is important.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I hope Kobe scores 80 something points and in a Lakers win and donates half of those points to Tracy McGrady charity foundation.

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

We're 4.5 back with our full roster just starting to come together. It's not inconceivable that we challenge for the 1 seed still. As it stands, though, we're #2, which ain't too shabby either.

13. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i am fully rooting for the celtics because i love how hard they play. reminds me of last year's rockets when we went on that streak.

14. 1individual

1individual Member

Who cares about the streak, a streak doesn't get you anywhere. If Boston wins, Lakers will have plenty of homework to do, that means we can chase up to #1 spot. If we do, we have a better seed and can hopefully play Phoenix or Portland.

15. joesr

joesr Member

I wont say what I think but I want you to ask your self this. Do you honestly see the Lakers loosing enough games for us to catch up? Mind you we would have to take advantage of that by winning which is gonna be more of a challenge considering our current state.

Also we are third in the West behind the Hornets.....

16. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

Yes. Pay less attention to who win tonight's game, now we need to do is take the second place in the west league, no matter Lakers win or loss, they will still ranking the first place in the west. So we can have a better opponent in the playoffs.

17. Dei

Dei Member

So... Judas appears.

18. Steve_Francis_rules

What the hell does that even mean? The Celtics "bought" their championship because they had a payroll that was a whopping $5 million more than the Rockets?

19. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

A'ight,despite how much hate I have on the Fakers and Celts,I still hope the Fakers will end the Celts' streak at 19 and just hammer 'em to hell.

With the game on the corner,I would like to see Hornets play a close game with Orlando and feel pumped out after the game then facing Rockets the next day.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

There is a championship team EVERY year. Nobody will care who has won a championship in 2009 after a few years. But the Rockets were the only team in more than 30 years that had won 22 games in a row. WHENEVER a team having a streak approaching 20, the Rockets will be mentioned.

So, which one is a more important achievement?