1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which white NBA player will have the better career?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by t_mac1, Jul 3, 2011.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Gordon Hayward v. Jimmer?

Hayward
    <iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qaiUkuSIVXM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Finally got playing time at the end of the year and BALLED. I remember seeing this game and he basically just out-Kobed Kobe Bryant on his own floor on both ends. Can shoot, drive, defend, create plays, fearless...

Jimmer
    <iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6COcL1KaIUA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

While this guy can absolutely stroke it, and is more heralded coming into the NBA. The Kings already sold more season tickets than they have in the past few years with his selection.

My opinion: Hayward b/c he's a better all-around player with size. Fredette will be limited by his size and lack of defense.

But at least there is the next great white hope, something Adam Morrison failed to live up to.

2. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Needs a poll, but I think Gordon will be better.

3. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Hayward.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Sergio Llull

DD

6. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

I think the comparisons have to be among white American players. For whatever reason, white players from Europe and S. America have been much more successful in the NBA than white American players over the last two decades.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Dirk Nowitzki

8. jacoby

jacoby Member

Chandler Parsons

9. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

[​IMG]

10. amaru

amaru Member

LeBron James

11. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

Ray Allens' Grandson

12. conquistador#11

the j*zz is going to explode with their surplus of young talent.
    They should trade us a center, i'll take mehmet at this point.

13. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

To Answer the OP; Gordon Hayward, the kid surprise me last year, I thought the Jazz reached for him in the 2010 NBA Draft. But I was wrong, the Kid turned out better then I thought he was going to be.

Getting off topic, a bit: Utah, has one very interesting young team. Specially with the additions of Enes Kanter and Alec Burks. Its well balanced young team... specially if they decide to go young with their starting lineup -

PG Harris - 28
    SG Burks - 20
    SF Hayward - 21
    PF Favors - 20
    C Kanter - 19

The front line of Favors and Kanter is very intriguing. Both compliment each other's games very well. Favors is an athletic physical specimen, that can block/alter shots as well as rebound on the defensive end. While Kanter has a great offensive arsenal in the low post, as well as a developing face game with range. Also if they decide to young they have some major trade assets in Milsap and Jefferson to trade for a another stud.

I really hate to say this, but the way that Utah has rebuilt that roster with the reinsertion of young top end talent in such a short period of time ... needs to be commended ... sigh :(

1 person likes this.
  14. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I'm slightly curious as to what the cap situation is for them.. trade devin harris and a few other large contracts and you never know how insane that team could be.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Outside of the young core, Milsap is the only positive asset Utah has to trade. Nobody really wants Al Jefferson at 2yrs/$29MM. They should keep Devin Harris because his contract isn't too crazy. Their team is so young it will be very tough for a couple of seasons. They have to hope one or two of their youngsters develop into stars, but I don't see either a Durant or Westbrook in the bunch. Nevertheless, Jazz fans have a lot to look forward to.

16. Dei

Dei Member

Fredette = Adam Morrison 2.0

17. sbyang

sbyang Member

Where's the poll? Gordon will have the better career.

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Chase Budinger is a better scorer than Hayward, better rebounder, the same in assists with even less turnovers. More athletic.
    Hayward is the better shooter and more guttier player. Hayward's a couple years younger.

With Hayward, future projections are good. With Budinger, he's a tradeable asset who Chandler Parsons has already made expendable. :)

I won't totally sleep on Jimmer. He might be "Shane Heal" (you gotta be an old basketball junkie to know that one). But he can also be given the keys to the team and the city and be allowed to chuck up shots to his hearts content. But Sacramento mighta learned their lesson when they had Tyreke do that and alienate the team.

19. dropshot001

dropshot001 Member

Hayward showed a lot of promise last season.

20. Dei

Dei Member

Is Hayward as bad a defender?