1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which was the better Van Halen?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rockbox, Jun 22, 2015.

?

Which was better

1. David Lee Roth

83.9%
  2. Sammy Haggar

9.7%
  3. Who is Van Halen

6.5%
  1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Diamond Dave

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SwYN7mTi6HM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sammy Hager

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/STVcNX7anGU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I've always liked Van Hagar better. "When It's Love" is still my jam.

Congrats on spelling his name two different incorrect ways though.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This is like asking if Genesis was better with Phil Collins as lead singer lol.

4. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Please don't compare Genesis (with our without Phil Collins) to Van Halen. Van Halen is completely overrated in any form.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

You can tell which one I liked more. ;)

6. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

No gary sharonie option ?

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

isn't that the place people go to when they die in Mad Max?

8. SuraGotMadHops

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_VYFWVDHsqc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I would think it would be rare for anyone to pick anything other than the original line-up.

However, if you are asking me today (versus 1984 or earlier) who I prefer, then I would choose Hagar because DLR doesn't care about singing. He only cares about his stage act while gladly skipping lyrics, singing out of tune, and speaking nonsense into the mic. At least Hagar is a professional who cares about good musicianship. DLR just wants to bust his nose all up with the mic stand. EVH is right about DLR not acting his age. But, EVH is not a good band mate unless you are his kid or his brother.

I'm done with those guys. I'm shocked they are touring on no new material...especially when EVH says he hates it. It must be "for the fans" and EVH claims DLR won't do a new album because he likes dance music. LOL

I would only go to a show these days to see EVH play guitar. But, that's no longer enough for me because the lyrical performance by the lead singer is so detracting from the overall performance that I can't tolerate it any longer.

11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Oh oh oh clutchfans crying...

12. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I prefer the Roth records but if we are talking live give me Hagar. Roth always sucked as a live singer but in the last few years he has sunk to new lows. EVH hasn't written a new song since VH3 and we know what a train wreck that was.

13. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member