1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which was the best game released in 2013?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Oct 15, 2013.

?

Better game: GTA V or Last of Us

1. GTA V

16 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. Last of Us

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Haven't played either

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  4. I've only played one of the two

6 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Now that GTA V has been out a few weeks I figured I would post this. Last of Us received perfect scores across the board being called one of the best games of all time. GTA V was highly anticipated by everyone receiving incredible amounts of hype which I think it fell short of. Although GTA V was really good compared to previous versions and the online is fun as well I would have to give the nod to Last of Us. Story, gameplay, graphics and online play was excellent. You really felt immersed in this game and felt for the struggles the characters faced.

What do you guys think?

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Story = Last of Us
    Gameplay = GTA V

3. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Played some of both, but not really interested in saying which is "better." They both offer different experiences, and each does a fantastic job of doing it.

4. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Thread title makes it sound like the best game for the whole year. Your poll is just asking a comparison to only two games. I haven't finished GTAV yet but so far my favorite game for the year has been Bioshock Infinite.

5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I guess what I was trying to get to was which game has the better chance for GOTY.

6. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I sold last of us back to game stop just before finishing. The game played like a chore to me.

Gta5 I'm loving.

7. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

It's really gonna come down to preference and who you ask...

at the end of the day both will receive GOTY awards from various opinions who have different interests.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

"Best" game is probably GTA 5. However...my favorite game was Bioshock Infinite. Haven't played The Last of Us though and I hear that's great, though.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

I watched a video walkthrough of TLoU all the way through, and didn't mind not playing the game.

I don't think I could say the same for GTA 5.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I've put in over 40 hours in GTA V, just finished the story over the weekend. Have not even touched GTA Online yet.

I played and beat The Last of Us in 2 days renting it from Redbox, have no desire really to replay the game.

11. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Think "new game bias" is going to skew some votes here but I still prefer TLOU over GTA V. Both games were great though.

12. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

I really liked both a lot the story and overall emotion of last of us was incredible. But the amount of detail put into GTA V's open world and the vast amounts of things you can do in that game, including online which is also great. I have to give the nod to best "game" to GTA V. Not a knock on Last of us though

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The old GTA's got repetitive for me. I strayed from the missions, realized what I was doing instead had no purpose, then put the game down. Is that no longer the case?

14. joesr

joesr Member

FF XIV takes most of my time
    2k MyPlayer online mode
    then
    GTA V

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I mean this one feel different because you're involved in heists now with 3 different characters but it still felt repetitive to me somewhat. I guess my expectations were just too high for GTA.